Scrapyard Run 3 (three wheeled edition)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a text from my friend who owns a scrapyard one county over... said he has a three-wheeler for me... I needed car tires and he sells them as well.. so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone so I made the drive out..

got there and he surprised me with a bonus trike..

only thing is I need to make two trips there :?

here they are
E-Z Roll Regal (single speed)
2012-07-24_13-00-50_186.jpg

2012-07-24_13-01-03_471.jpg

needs a chain and the left rear tire trued

the other is from Sears (Ted Williams) and that's about what I know about it :D (Three speed)
2012-07-24_12-01-44_648.jpg

2012-07-24_12-01-37_139.jpg

also he had these laying around...
2012-07-24_11-09-16_678.jpg

check out the truck,and 60's Mustang ion background of this one
2012-07-24_11-07-59_990.jpg

2012-07-24_11-07-48_467.jpg

2012-07-24_11-06-41_80.jpg

2012-07-24_11-06-17_244.jpg

That Caddy would make an awesome rat rod. And I'd drive that Fairlane just how it sits...maybe put some headlights in it.

Those Caddy interior parts are gold! You should really, serious consider pulling all the brightwork (if the yard owner is scrapping them out) and hitting ebay with them. It would pay for your bike addiction :)

Nice trikes and those cars are nice as well.

The Ford looks like all the parts are on it and could get around $2000 or more than it would for scrap, if they scrap either of those cars then they are complete idiots.

they can't sell the cars whole, and are not scraping them... either they are going to sell them to a junkyard that can salvage title them, or I may go out and part them all out for them, and sell them on ebay... for a commission of course... :lol:

and i don't see myself parting out either trike.. these most likely will be donated after fixing ... unless one is way to gone for repair

If it wasn't for shipping I'd love to have the blue trike. Looks like a seat off a riding mower. Looks comfy.

Thats good to hear, too bad the only one I know that would get either of them is all the way in California.

Yeah it looks like a Murray lawnmower seat that I think I have seen on one before.

yes it is a lawn mower seat...still has the warning sticker about it being a kill-switch when raised.
he's got a few other mowers there that I may have to do some removal work on .. those are some comfy seats for sure

also eying up a ski from an old snowmobile.. bet it would be sweet on the front of a bike in the winters here... :lol:

Cool, I was thinking of having a mower seat for my Christine build bike by having it covered just like the movie cars seats but a Christine club friend said it would be better to just match the seat to cars white roof.

That would be cool infact I forgot but there was a bike here at rrb that had it done with skis which was made funny because they mentioned the scene in the movie Better Off Dead.

Finally got around to working on this... rear non-drive tire was bent like a snake, spent an hour tightening up the spokes with crescent wrench and realized two things; one: this rim will never be completely straight again, and two: I really should invest in a spoke tool someday.

replaced the front wheel with one from a old OCC Stingray I had laying around, and had to find a new hand brake for the bars.. other than that didn't need that much work done to it..

rides like a charm... and more importantly it's stops now

2012-10-02_16-36-41_109.jpg

the other trike was sold before I got there, and my friend didn't know when he showed it to me, so I did not end up with the other one after-all. But he felt bad and gave me a free load of kids bikes to fix up and get rid of

Latest posts

Back