Scrapyard run yields another bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to the scrapyard and found this cool ladies cruiser 5 speed, the chain and cables are rusted up tight but the fork, Bmx stem, and heavy duty rims were worth the $8 it cost me. And despite the tires being dry rotted the tubes still hold air!
As found
image-12.jpg

Niitaka? I've never heard of it :? Must me Taiwanese for Walmart cruiser :lol:
image-13.jpg

image-14.jpg

I like the gusset on the down tube.
image-15.jpg

Heavy duty rims
image-16.jpg

After a bit of work, replaced the tires and cut off the chain.
image-17.jpg

thebigorangecat said:
Cool find, I like the forks and stem :) But, one question?

How do you go about buying bikes from a scrap yard?????
I just spot the bike in the scrap bin, pull it out, and ask the owner Doug what the price is. Some scrapyards will sell things others won't depends on the scrapyard owner and the conditions of their insurance. Our scrapyard is cool and I have guys there that put stuff back for me. Best thing to do is talk to the owner or person in charge and ask them.

Great minds think alike, I found the exact same bike & robbed the wheels, forks and stem off it and hung the carcasse up in the shed. Got mine for free though, but the wheels work evelent on motorized bicycles.

I checked the name and all I saw was a road bike & a lot of bmx's, I read they were made in Taiwan then sold in some bike shops but who knows.

kngtmat said:
I checked the name and all I saw was a road bike & a lot of bmx's, I read they were made in Taiwan then sold in some bike shops but who knows.
Thanks for the info.

This gusset is the giveaway- these were commonly marketed under the "Makaha Hanter" name in America.
Basically a no name taiwanese cruiser bike, with different badging.

http://velospace.org/node/14812

outskirtscustoms said:
Went to the scrapyard and found this cool ladies cruiser 5 speed, the chain and cables are rusted up tight but the fork, Bmx stem, and heavy duty rims were worth the $8 it cost me.
As found
Niitaka? I've never heard of it :? Must me Taiwanese for Walmart cruiser :lol:
image-14.jpg

Latest posts

Back