Screamin Indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if I offended any native americans with the title.

But that is what I named my latest downhill Gravity Racer, to be used at the upcoming gravity race

I got this bike thru a friend of a friend for another purpose, but plans changed so I decided to just get this one rolling so I could blast down the hill and have some fun. I have been told its a 50-53 Indian Scout, made by Phillips. Apparently Indian contracted out to have some bicycles built so they could sell them in the dealerships.

At any rate, this one was in rough shape as far as wheels were concerned, I swapped in a set of skinnies from a Free Spirit, Yanked the crank arms off so it couldnt be pedaled, flipped the bars, added some brakes, built a setback seatpost, and a footrest made from an old kickstand so I didnt have to weld on the frame.

gravity1-1.jpg

gravity2-1.jpg

gravity3-1.jpg

gravity4.jpg

gravity5.jpg

Im liking it, After the race I may end up putting the cranks back on and making it into my daily driver

I'm native american and I'm extremely offended. Just gimme the headbadge and we'll call it even. lol. Paint it red though since it's an Indian. The baby blue just doesn't do it justice.

Galtbacken said:
Looks great! :) Are those last pictures from Wichita?

Thanks!
Yes those were taken around the river near downtown Wichita, I thought the pic with the "Keeper of the Plains" in the background had to be done. The bike was home.

Back