Seat cover ideas...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ride my Schwinn legacy about all the time, and after a while I noticed its starting to wear a little. So do u guys have any ideas for some cool seat covers? I'm thinking maybe a Mexican blanket design or something like that but I can't come up wih any other ideas... Should I make one? If so how do u make a seat cover? Where can I buy a sweet custom looking seat cover? The bike is blue with white pinstriping and lots of chrome so keep that in mind when u think of ideas.

its very simple and easy depending on what kind of seat you have.. i usualy recover bannanna seats.. my first seat i recovered twice, first i went to walmart and bought a yard of anykind of fabric you want, then i traced my seat on it about 2-3inches bigger than needed, and that seat had metal pins i just used pliers to close them up on the fabric, i also used spray adhesive and made sure i pulled it tight
1022112129.jpg

the first one ^
Picture0723121344_1.jpg

i also tried the mexican thingy-doo-bobby i used a poncho i had for a halloween costume.. the only wrong this with this is it may become unwoven easily, mind is alittle already on the back and underneathe maybe you could lamminate it or somthing xD?

I did mine out of a Mexican blanket use hot glue to seal the seams an headliner spray adhesive
062802_152200.jpg

Here are some seat covers I am in the process or have made already.... Leather hand tooled then either stretched around the pan (which is a bit difficult) or riveted or stitched on.

DSC01974.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC02179-1.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

hot glue works for everything. :D

Petrohead said:
Here are some seat covers I am in the process or have made already.... Leather hand tooled then either stretched around the pan (which is a bit difficult) or riveted or stitched on.

DSC04809.jpg

:shock: I love that red banana seat. Heck sick!! Thumbs up!!!

freddyfingaz said:
Petrohead said:

Thanks FF! First banana build. Here it is in context....

1935_Monark_5_Bar_46-46.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_3-3.jpg

:shock: I love that red banana seat. Heck sick!! Thumbs up!!!

As suggested here by others, leather purses and jackets from thrift stores work well. Couch... that was smart. And I too have covered seats with Mexican blankets with the unraveling issues.

Here's a serape cover (that fits over as opposed recovering) that was on fleaBay a while back.

serapeseat.jpg

And... I realize this probably isn't where you are going with what you were asking... but I sew "drawstring" seat covers out of faux fur fabric (tiger, giraffe, b&w cow) for the girls bikes I flip. Quite a popular feature for sales.

leopard.jpg

Latest posts

Back