Second Chance Voting Booth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Bikes deserve a Second Chance to win?

• E1: MF1

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • E2: WC

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • E3: KF

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • E4: JE

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • E5: IB

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • E6: MT

• E7: GC

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • E8: OB

• E9: SG

• E10: CA

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • E11: TRM

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • E12: DS

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • E13: IF

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • E14: US

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • E15: GR

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • E16: MF2

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
in the order they posted:

entry 1: MZ1
MazdaFlyer1.jpeg

Entry 2: WC
Wildcat.png

Entry 3: KF
Kingfish254.png

Entry 4: JE
Jude Ephesus.jpg

Entry 5: IB
Idiotboy.jpeg

Entry 6: MT
MattiThundarr.jpg

Entry 7: GC
HarlequinT SC.jpg

Entry 8: OB
Oldbiscuit.jpeg

Entry 9: SG
Swiss Guy.jpg

Entry 10: CA
Captain Awesome.jpg

Entry 11: TRM
The Reaissance Man.jpg

Entry 12: DS
dropstep.jpeg

Entry 13: IF
ifitsfreeitsforme.png

Entry 14: US
us56456712.jpeg

Entry 15: GR
GTHOrod.jpg

Entry16: MF2
MazdaFlyer.jpeg

BUMP BACK INTO THE TRAFFIC

All Y'all vote yet? Just some second chances here for a little of that glory some of our builds missed out on. Valentine's Day has come and gone but you can still show some love and get a vote in. You don't have to have an entry to vote vote vote. Two week window to vote closes March 2nd '23.

So, Captain Awesome's build has redeemed itself in our FIRST Second Chance Build Off. Receiving the most votes and hopefully CA feels ALL the love folks dished out for his bike. GREAT BUILD Captain Awesome!

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

So, Captain Awesome's build has redeemed itself in our FIRST Second Chance Build Off. Receiving the most votes and hopefully CA feels ALL the love folks dished out for his bike. GREAT BUILD Captain Awesome!

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:
woooooo-excited.gif

Awesome! Thanks everyone

Hopefully the legacy will carry on since Showboatin will soon be going to it's new home at @Dr. Tankenstein mad lab

Thanks for putting this together @GuitarlCarl

Sad thing is, mine is going up for sale soon along with another Build Off bike. I'm still trying to thin the herd. It's not easy.

^^ Add to the lack of time the fact that I moved 5 years ago from a flat neighborhood to a very hilly one, and the old rats get used very little. I will keep one or two for riding with the kids if they ever show an interest.

I'm getting my vintage fix lately with 80s and early-90s road bikes. I may even get/build one from the 70s.

CONGRATS CAP'N!!!!!

aye-captain-montgomery-scott.gif

^^ Add to the lack of time the fact that I moved 5 years ago from a flat neighborhood to a very hilly one, and the old rats get used very little. I will keep one or two for riding with the kids if they ever show an interest.

I'm getting my vintage fix lately with 80s and early-90s road bikes. I may even get/build one from the 70s.
Ian you got me by one vote! Keep something old, I'm thinking we need to do a Mrs Murphy's ride when it warms up...

This was an interesting exercise. It was fun to see some of my favorites from the past again! Congratulations Captain Awesome!

Out of curiosity I did a quick comparison of the stats on my bike from RRBBO 10 to this one and found some interesting things that got me
thinking about the whole voting system again. I didn't get too nerdy with the numbers but one of the first things that jumped out was the percentage of votes. It more than tripled from 12% to 39.1% even though it only moved up from 6th place to 5th place. (On a side note, I was secretly hoping that it would finish 6th place again to keep a personal streak going). But I digress.

I also discovered that the 39.1% was actually higher than the winner of BO10 (Verboten - Kingfish) at 34.8%. (By the way, second place dropped to
19.3%!)

The reason for the lower percentages can be explained by the voting back in 2015 being restricted to only three votes. With only three votes available for each of the 233 members that voted, the votes were more widely distributed which naturally brings all of the percentages down. I can remember the difficulty of choosing only three out of 88!

I believe that even though unlimited voting as opposed to restricted voting has an effect on the final outcome, it is best suited for the spirit of our forum and its competitions. Ultimately our build-offs are more about the comradery that happens along the way than the outcomes which makes it that much more enjoyable for everyone!

Looking forward to the next one!

I believe that even though unlimited voting as opposed to restricted voting has an effect on the final outcome, it is best suited for the spirit of our forum and its competitions. Ultimately our build-offs are more about the comradery that happens along the way than the outcomes which makes it that much more enjoyable for everyone!
You definitely nailed it with that sentiment.

Personally I just can't let myself go unlimited. Usually I shoot for setting my own self imposed limit of 10% (+/-) of the total entrants. Otherwise I just spin my wheels for too long going back through the builds before voting

Would I ride it?
Would I own it?
How creative was the build?
How well documented was the build?

Factors I use to thin the possibilities

Latest posts

Back