selling my 1967 bug nor cal pics posted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone on here interested or know anyone who may be interested? i hate to sell it but it is just not me right now and i dont want to see it sit and rot away. it is a nice car, greg, and frank have seen it and i can post pics if anyone is interested. i did not know where to post this so i figured here was as good as any. 2,000 firm this was the first car i bought when i was 15 1/2 and i love it but sometimes u just have to let them go

Re: selling my 1967 bug nor cal

Keep it. You'll regret selling it. The $2000.00 will be gone, and so will the car. My 67 has been parked close to 6 years. It was my daily driver when I was in NOR CAL, but now that I'm in Missouri, it just sits, and waits. Dean
r03002521v.jpg

sorry sadly she does run sorry buddy with the money i get from this i am buying deb a more modern car. remember she traided her 63 wagon so i could get the 50 ford. but i will trade a good running somewhat modern car for it.

it is small compared to my 50 shoebox maybe it will fit in a usps box :lol:

my first car was an orange 72 super beetle, on which some previous owner had installed woodgrained sides. i traded it for a 1983 t-bird. i would love to have my bug back now.

santacruz016.jpg

santacruz022.jpg

santacruz021.jpg

santacruz020.jpg

santacruz019.jpg

santacruz018.jpg

santacruz018.jpg

santacruz015.jpg

here are pics of it how she sits now. still for sale and open to offers. i am selling it because i dont want to see it just rot in my yard. i would rather see something done to it

can i do that? maybe flathead67? but i am sorta known as karfer67

Looks like a pretty solid car, easy project to finish. Your shoebox is a cool car, but this bug could be so much cooler. Sell the ford, keep this!

it is just not what i want right now and it is a very very solid car and i dont want it to rot. i have made my peace and no i am not selling it because i just got the shoebox i just want to see it go to a good home

i agree shows how bad the economy is. the pan is perfect on this bug no rust, the heater chanels are perfect it really just needs a paint job, and reg. believe it or not i have had it up for active sale for about a week and not one offer just people asking me if i still have it and those telling me not to sell it. i am starting to become tempted to paint it and reg it then sell it but i dont want to loose more money on this car as it sits i have around 4500 in this car finding all the correct parts for it and such. i know the paint looks ugly i think that is the big thing that holds it back. but once u look under it and inside u understand how nice this bug could be with a paintjob. oh well i even put up that i would trade it for a more modern car (for my gf) and no bites.

Here are a few shots of my 67. Had to sell it to get a family car. Dont regret it.... because you gotta do what you gotta do, and family was way more important at the time.

I bought it for $400 from the original owner who used it as a daily driver to get back and forth to work at Boeing since it was new. It had a little over 100k miles on it when I got it and it was amazingly solid. It did have some usual rust in the rockers but that was it. It took me almost 10 years to get it to this point. I built the engine, did the bodywork and paint, and everything else except stitch the interior.

67bug1.jpg

67bug.jpg

engine.jpg

67bug2.jpg

Now this one I wish I still had, It was a 67 Type 3 that I picked up for $50 with no engine. At the time I worked for a local VW dealership and they sold me a complete used (and good running) tpye 3 engine for another $50. I had to evict a bum that was using it as his house. At any rate I stuck the motor in it and it drove just fine, then got a wild hair and chopped the top, The chop was 90% done and I even had the windshield cut down and fitted. Ended up trading it off for a buggy... to this day I dont know why, pretty stupid trade on my part. I wish I could find it!

t3.jpg

Good luck with the sale!

Latest posts

Back