SF Bike Expo at the Cow Palace

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday, Novenber 21. Behind Bars Inc. is presenting the 2009 Custom and Vintage Bicycle Show with trophys for 1st and 2nd places in 14 different classes.

It looks like Mike S, Vulture and myself will be caravaning from Sactown and leaving about 6:00/6:30. Sac. meeting place to be determined.

Show runs from 10:00 to 3:00pm with doors open at 8:00. Pre-register online at Behind Bars Inc. for $20.00 per bike or $25.00 per at the door.

I was going to bring my 14' tandem box trailer but it looks like I may just bring my open 4x8. So Vulture you may want to take your tandem in your truck.

Anyone who wants to roll with us and represent Sactown and RatRodBikes please feel welcome. I sure some ride space and maybe bike space will be available.

This should be a huge show not to be missed. Support your local rat bikeinsteins.

you're right buddy! it's gonna be HUGE! i have room for a passenger and 1 or possibly 2 bikes in my truck
any Sac area guys that want to car pool, let me know.
i'll be at the Vintage Bike Supply swap meet this Sat.
or just p.m. me
can't wait!

i am rolling down with ted. not sure which bikes i am taking yet

ya lets all get togrther this saturday and we can talk more about what time and where we can meet for the SF show but ya that does sound good a car-a-van would be good we were planning on leaving around 6 also but will see every oneone saturday

talked with a few of you guys about car-a-vanning to the cow-palace.
Kutnnhack figured since we all live in the valley, we would have to drive by this common point anyhow.

so, just before HWY50 turns into HWY80, take the ENTERPRISE BLVD exit and we can meet up at Chevron.
as you take the exit, Chevron is the first and only large structure you'll see (can't miss it) :wink:
once we meet up it's easy to get back on the freeway and across the cause-way, and on to the bay area!

i think a couple of you guys pull trailers (speed limit :roll: ) so i suggest allowing 2&1/2hrs drive time
so, if we leave at 05:30, we should roll in when they open the doors at 08:00
maybe we can discuss departure here on the forum.

I'll be in my truck with just the tandem in back. if anyone wants me to bring a bike or two down, it's no problem at all.
see you all on Sat. morning!!

Just got home from SF Bike Expo. Behind Bars Inc. once again did a great job with the event and the awesome trophys. Congrats to the trophy winners. Vulture, Karfer, Travis at Iron Spade and all the rest who took home the bacon. I only got a couple of pics on my camera. I sure Vulture and the Chopaderos have more to post. Man, this show was a huge swap meet along with some other bike clubs showing bikes. Both the north and south halls were pretty packed with all kinds of booths and venders. Way too much to see, had a great time talking to all the RatRodBike guys and gals.
SFBikeExpo004.jpg
SFBikeExpo005.jpg
SFBikeExpo006.jpg
SFBikeExpo007.jpg
SFBikeExpo009.jpg
SFBikeExpo008.jpg

yup! i got a few pictures too 8)
nice to hang with the RRB guys, BehindBars, the CHOPADEROS, DelinquentCycles, and Travis from Iron Spade.
had a blast and took home my first bike show trophy!
CONGRATS! to all the winners!
100_1877.jpg

100_1875.jpg

100_1874.jpg

100_1873.jpg

100_1871.jpg

100_1868.jpg

100_1866.jpg

Well done gentlemen! Yeah I was stoked to win a trophy at the event and thanks for posting some pictures for me. I'll try to post some more tomorrow evening after I get back to TX. Lets all stay in touch. Later Travis

had a great time and vulture i hope you took my stingray when the boys took off i totally forgot about it till i got back to the hotel. i found some great deals on old brooks seats and found a really cool schwinn ding dong bell for 3 bucks. sunday was fun rollin with the chopaderos all over the marina, i got nailled by a wave, we watched the seals on pier 39, and did both hill climbing, and some testing of our coaster brakes then we kinda got lost on the way home. everyone had a great time, and for sure i will at least be back next year. hope more of you can make it out for this one it is different than what we normally do in the valley and it was refreshing.

Congrats to all who showed at this great event! Looks like the board was more than represented and proved that the RRB members know how to build bikes! Alot of 'dero friends grabbed up trophies from what I've heard. Way to go guys!

Thanks for the great pics!
Chainy

Back