Shadow speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Glen we should have a vintage/classic open ride or organise a vintage and classic bicycles in the park day

I haven’t ridden Glenderson for ages… has a flat rear tyre currently… and not sure I’m up to it health wise… but not a bad idea… are there many vintage and classic bikes in Whangarei?

I’ve never organised anything like that before so wouldn’t know where to start :39:... but if you want to, I’d certainly attend.

So I've been busy with all sorts but got round to half cleaning the wheels because I don't want prestine looking wheels on a patina'ed bike the rear has a beautiful Suntour superbe Pro hub and the araya rim has a nice shimmer to it so not highly polished, I cleaned up the front high flange wheel but the rim is more highly polished than the rear the other front wheel rim is shimmer the same as the rear but not high flange so now I'm wondering which to use, I'm guessing shimmer rim standard hub would match better but that high flange one looks nice huummmm
IMG_20221208_143135.jpg
IMG_20221208_143158.jpg
IMG_20221208_143211.jpg
IMG_20221208_143312.jpg
IMG_20221208_143253.jpg

Wrapped the bars with adhesive bandage wrap for some padding then wrapped with boxing glove wrap sliced the wrap down the center and tied a knot then melted a bit,sprayed the wrap with some clear varnish to stick/seal and afix the wrap in place, put some cork in back of seat tube and then going to find some Cork for the bar ends
IMG_20221209_163635.jpg
IMG_20221209_163651.jpg
IMG_20221209_163656.jpg
IMG_20221209_163626.jpg

Not far to go now, just need 1 spoke for the missing one on the rear wheel, put on a spare 27 x 1 1/4 tyre I have the rear is a 27 x 1 so will swap to the front and put the wider one on the back, slap a chain on and jamarkus is your uncle it's done so I can start the off road build

Chain on, pedals on, found some cork stops that fitted the bar ends and front of seat post just right and done a quick spray on them with lacquer, went for a spin around at the bottom of my drive way and actually feels very smooth and the beyond repair saddle was comfy and held up well, I will swap the QR axle for a solid axle in the new year but leaving it for now, I will wait till after Xmas for a nice pic, now I can relax a bit
IMG_20221223_135850.jpg
IMG_20221223_135548.jpg
IMG_20221223_164142.jpg
IMG_20221223_164147.jpg
IMG_20221223_164200.jpg
IMG_20221223_135302.jpg

Last edited:
Chain on, pedals on, found some cork stops that fitted the bar ends and front of seat post just right and done a quick spray on them with lacquer, went for a spin around at the bottom of my drive way and actually feels very smooth and the beyond repair saddle was comfy and held up well, I will swap the QR axle for a solid axle in the new year but leaving it for now, I will wait till after Xmas for a nice pic, now I can relax a bitView attachment 220194

Good old Arthur's Emporium... can always count on them to have what you need.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Glen.

I haven’t ridden Glenderson for ages… has a flat rear tyre currently… and not sure I’m up to it health wise… but not a bad idea… are there many vintage and classic bikes in Whangarei?

I’ve never organised anything like that before so wouldn’t know where to start :39:... but if you want to, I’d certainly attend.
morning Glen, I would say it would be low key word of mouth through the people we know in the bike community and FB, I can ask my friend Brett at missing link If I could do a little poster as he is an oldskool dude,I wouldn't say a bike ride just a place to meet up and see what people bring and just share interest and knowledge, probably somewhere down from town basin on the grass by that round theatre, even if only me you and my friend Mike show up then that's good enough for me

morning Glen, I would say it would be low key word of mouth through the people we know in the bike community and FB, I can ask my friend Brett at missing link If I could do a little poster as he is an oldskool dude,I wouldn't say a bike ride just a place to meet up and see what people bring and just share interest and knowledge, probably somewhere down from town basin on the grass by that round theatre, even if only me you and my friend Mike show up then that's good enough for me

Sounds good. I fitted a new rear tube to Glenderson a couple of weeks ago and took it for a test ride up the street... hopefully it's still holding air. Let me know when you want to do it.

Glen.

Latest posts

Back