shelby supreme question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
posting this for a friend.
a couple of questions
anyone know the approx. year? is the bike complete? or would it have had a tank? her other question was should she strip and paint the front rim or just clean it up and ride?
also, where would the serial # be on this bike?
thx all
allen

I don't know much about this exact model, but the chain guard is definitely not correct. Also may have had some kind of light on the front fender. That's easy to determine, because there will be a hole there :happy:

Circa 1940 +/-. Light would have likely been a Shelby "biscuit" light. Could have had a tank depending on how well-equipped it was. You can usually tell by distinct scratches along where a tank would sit, or if the paint on the in side of the top or bottom tube has an especially clean and unweathered section.

Im torn on this one because of the 1/2 pitch chain. Usually on prewar 1/2" pitch would be on a deluxe bike with all the bells and whistles. Either this bike has been watered down or maybe post war? Also, I believe the stem is Huffman? Serial number should be on the bottom bracket.

Im torn on this one because of the 1/2 pitch chain. Usually on prewar 1/2" pitch would be on a deluxe bike with all the bells and whistles. Either this bike has been watered down or maybe post war? Also, I believe the stem is Huffman? Serial number should be on the bottom bracket.

For most makes I agree fully, but Shelby used 1/2" pitch a lot more than most manufacturers prewar. Shelbys can be quite hard to distinguish between pre and postwar, but the truss arm fork screams prewar on this one.

I wuold just clean and oil the paint on ft rim. I have a wartime frame just like that one. So my guess is prewar to early postwar. I've also found the same stem on the wartime bike and a mid 30's Shelby. I think I have a take for it if interested.

Latest posts

Back