Shelby Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not minty fresh, but this was on CL for a long time and when the price got to $35, I couldn't stand it any longer. Ladies Shelby Traveler, bought as a pile of parts. Most everything there, except the chain and the seat post was cut off(not stuck) so someone could fit one of those weird anatomical saddles. Anyhow, agent29 posted a Shelby frame for sale and got me thinking if it would be worth putting my parts on that or any other men's Shelby frame.
010.JPG
011.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG

Last edited:
Great project. Ladies fork steer tube (and head tube) is usually longer than a men's frame. Not an problem that can't be solved by cutting it down and cutting the threads further. Dies are available for the threads, kind of pricey, but, I'd say for this project, worth the investment.

Truss rods are easy to cut and thread. Most older bike shops will run the threads down on the fork for around $20, put the bearing race back on before you cut it down though. If you do a gender change and keep the same down tube configuration, I have the tank. Someone on here did one with the down tubes as the top tubes and added a new piece for the down tube. Looked pretty sweet. Nice score no matter what you do!
Johnny

Truss rods are easy to cut and thread. Most older bike shops will run the threads down on the fork for around $20, put the bearing race back on before you cut it down though. If you do a gender change and keep the same down tube configuration, I have the tank. Someone on here did one with the down tubes as the top tubes and added a new piece for the down tube. Looked pretty sweet. Nice score no matter what you do!
Johnny
I'll have to see when I get the frame, but I will probably get the fork threaded and cut down. My welding skill is nonexistent, so I will probably not be modifying any frames. I had a fork threaded and it cost me $30. I can buy the die online for not much more.

Latest posts

Back