Sheryl's Wild New Years Celebration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain.

Our neighborhood has been silent for the past four years that we've lived here. A couple of months ago I see my next door neighbor walking a new dog. He said it was his son's and that he thought it was a good idea to get a dog while going to college at UNT. :rolleyes: Now the dog lives with them and it barks the entire time it's outside. Their fence line runs right by our bedroom windows. The slightest noise sets the stupid thing off so any time you're outside the dog barks constantly. :headbang:

We're ready to live on 4 acres now.

I feel your pain.

Our neighborhood has been silent for the past four years that we've lived here. A couple of months ago I see my next door neighbor walking a new dog. He said it was his son's and that he thought it was a good idea to get a dog while going to college at UNT. :rolleyes: Now the dog lives with them and it barks the entire time it's outside. Their fence line runs right by our bedroom windows. The slightest noise sets the stupid thing off so any time you're outside the dog barks constantly. :headbang:

We're ready to live on 4 acres now.

I don't know what to do. I really like our neighbors. They "foster" Labs which I can admire, and the Labs are not a problem. This one is a female Setter. I've even "met" the dog and it is a nice dog in person. On the other side of the fence however..... It's so bad that I've almost learned to tune it out. Our bedroom is thankfully on the other side of the house. Maybe you could ask them over for a cook-out and ask them to remain silent for about an hour to experience your pain? Best of luck. :soapbox:

Our neighbors are also nice. The dog is a Sheltie. They have another dog which they've had all a along and it almost never barks. We also have a Lhasa and she never barks either...even at the goofy Sheltie.

My girls are home schooled and play in the backyard a lot. They can be pretty noisy at times so I'm just sort of stuck with the dog barking I guess. Hard to complain when you know they've had to listen to little kids yelling and screaming all this time. :confused:

I'm hoping maybe the dog will drive them crazy too eventually and one day he'll be gone. :p

I have finally outlived the Tasmanian monster that lived behind me. I borrowed a dog trainer zapper from a friend and actually trained it not to bark....zap it 'no bark'. Then I could just yell 'no bark' and it would actually stop barking. It's been really nice going out in the back yard and not hear non stop barking. I spoke with the neighbor and they tried to tell me they couldn't hear this big boxer barking like an idiot. You can turn them into the city and they can fine these people. No one should have to put up with annoying neighbors and their animals.

Makes me feel a little better to know I'm not alone dealing with neighbor's dogs. My neighbor's little dogs bark and growl at us whenever we're in our back yard. And they bark indoors every time a leaf falls on the ground. It's pretty annoying. But I just got my first dog (never had one), and it's an Old English Beagle. I hear they bark a lot. So far he's 8 months old and doesn't bark, even when the neighbors do. But maybe he'll start someday? If he does, I'll be glad I never complained.

Steve, I grew up with Lhasas. My mother bred them. Great dogs. I used to take mine fishing in high school. Really made my mom mad, since she paid good money to have him groomed, and then I let him jump around in the water.

Latest posts

Back