Shimano nexus 7 hub small parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just won a nexus 7 hub and according to the seller I need a small parts kit. The only ones I see are for the nexus 8. Are they compatable?

That is part of what I need. I also need a cog, a snap ring and a shifter and possibly a roller brake for the other side. Or I may just sell it here. My ideas change constantly.

I bought up a few of the Electra Nexus 7 and 8 wheels both Townie (v-brakes) and Cruiser (coaster).
Sound slike your Nexus is brakeless, so you could use a roller brake, or use rim brakes.
I know the packets of parts that you need, but I can't part out the ones that I have. I need them to ship as I sell them on ebay.

make sure you get the correct anti rotation washers. the ones that came with my Nexus 7 will not work in a rear facing drop out frame so I think I'll make a set if my LBS doesn't have any.

BTW what cog size should I look for? I live in a kind of hilly area. I'm thinking of digging up an aluminum frame from the co-op getting a 26" rear wheel made for this hub and putting drop bars on it...I'm starting to like drop bars more.

The Electra Cruiser wheels I have are 22T cogs and the Elextra Townie wheels are 20T.

Looks like you need the CJ-7S40 Cassette joint kit and you could use BR-IM41-R Rolling Brake kit.
You might be better off just using rim brakes.

After being pointed in the correct direction because of your help i discovered Cj-7s40 is no longer available but cj-nx10 is compatable.

Glad to help with a little googling.
I am sure that you will get it worked out.
If all else fails, you can buy one of my wheels that comes with everything. :p

That would be cheaper in the long run, but I usually take the long, complicated more expensive route.
Why?
Because I'm an idiot.

kingfish254 said:
Glad to help with a little googling.
I am sure that you will get it worked out.
If all else fails, you can buy one of my wheels that comes with everything. :p

Link to your ebay items,sir?
or a seller name?

Never mind...found ya!

Latest posts

Back