Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an Ipod for Christmas and loaded My 'Wish You Were Here.' Pink Floyd Kicks Butt!!

that's my favorite album by them. I wanted to buy it for my girlfriend's son for christmas, but he wanted The Wall so I got that. either way it's neat to see an 11 year old getting into the old stuff.

I think that MS/HS aged kids that are into all the older stuff have been greatly influenced by Guitar Hero and Rockband, check out the playlists. I am 41 and my kids are 18 and 14, we listen to all the same stuff. When I think about liking what my parents listened to when I was that age I feel sort of sick to my stomach. And the age difference is within a couple of years.

My kids and their friends like the new alternative stuff (as do I) but they love Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Floyd, Tesla and all the staples of true rock and roll just as much. I asked my son who the first lady of rock was during my school years ('81-'85) and he immediately said "Pat Benetar." Maybe not who you might have answered individually, but exactly who I had in mind...we're on the same Page.

The best part is he is my wingman whenever we ride, so I guess we rock and roll together.

Latest posts

Back