shipping a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whos the cheapest but reliable shipper? i might need to ship a bike and i need to figure out how. what are bike box measurments for a 26? ive always used post office and never shipped a whole bike before. is it easier to do c.o.d? and to have them pick it up? thank you all for any feedback , i appreciate it.

Cheapest may be Greyhound Bus.

Lowest cost, reliable shipping that I have usually found has been FedEx.

Use their shipping calculator to find out what it will run.

You can compare them with UPS's calculator.

Rat Rod nailed it, I just went through this while shipping a complete Spaceliner from Indianapolis to San Diego last week. Greyhound was almost half the cost of UPS and FEDEX. The only draw back is that you have to drop it off at a terminal and the buyer must pick it up at a terminal. If you do go this route be sure to get the buyers phone# as Greyhound will ask for it to notify them of arrival. Also the online quote from greyhounds website or over the phone will be a couple of dollars lower than wath they will actually charge, The lady at the shipping desk explained why but it didn't make any sense to me so I just paid the extra two bucks and went on my way.
Check with your LBS for a box (generally free),make the bike as compact as you can.The longest dimension of the box can be no greater than 48".

Latest posts

Back