Shop audio video set-ups

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my old set up to wear when working on bikes.

Attachments

• DSC03191.JPG
    DSC03191.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Finally running the Ubuntu server on the big system!
036113D9-4B7C-4012-94A5-0B57886BEED5.jpeg

It works great but there’s still a bug or two to work out on it.

In the meantime I’ve got another system to build up and I’m going to do the same thing to it, since I’m replacing the streaming video player in my garage as well.

It was cheap and it sounded good but if I wanted to pull up a diagram online or do some research requiring the web browser, I was out of luck.

I've owned a couple of very early 1950's Plymouth cars. A station wagon with the overdrive and a business coupe. Both had the flathead 6 cylinder engine which was a pleasure to own. Very smooth running engine. The clutch and transmissions were excellent. The only issue I really had with these cars is that Chrysler saw fit to gluing a mohair carpet to the pan which trapped moisture and totally rotted out the floor pans. I've owned a couple of Pignose amps and they were great. Good luck with your vacuum tube radio/amplifier projects.

Thank you @Tallbikeman. One day I will surely put the Plymouth back together, should I survive long enough.

BTW, I’ve never played with a pig nose myself.

All the mopar Coupes broke at the seat hinges after 10 or 20 years. The bodies cracked in that beltline crease, right at the doorpost. Otherwise they were known to just keep going until somebody smashed them.

I found mine had some minor floor rust and some major body repairs once I stripped it down. I didn’t care too much since I had already got 65,000 miles out of that car, and it was a great looking car. But someday it will live again if I live long enough.

I've built a few using this View attachment 225687
Sound great and the transformers are easy enough to find and tubes are still produced.
If I ever find my box of old vacuum tubes, it will have at least a 6V6 in it, a 6au6, a high voltage rectifier, and Who knows what else. It’s been a long time since I packed them anyway.

I have a crazy collection of old transformers. I really only kept them for the copper. I was stripping out the cages to use as sacrificial anodes in my electrolysis tank.

If I ever find my box of old vacuum tubes, it will have at least a 6V6 in it, a 6au6, a high voltage rectifier, and Who knows what else. It’s been a long time since I packed them anyway.

I have a crazy collection of old transformers. I really only kept them for the copper. I was stripping out the cages to use as sacrificial anodes in my electrolysis tank.
I pull transformers out of everything and I get a ton from work (we dispose of industrial waste PCBs and such)
That based on a dynaco amp.

I have an Eico HF81 back in Florida with a pair of old radio shack loudspeakers. It was way too heavy to bring over here and it's 110 volts, everything here is 220. It needs new pots but the sound was great.
I found a vintage looking blue tooth desk radio here that lasted one week. So I removed the cheap guts, and used the decent speakers with a small blue tooth amp and wired it up. So now, I just power up the shop and it automatically comes on and connects to my phone. The music starts were I left off the last time I was in the shop. I don't know how it just does.

amp.jpg

shop radio.jpg

Nothing special here but its a 1930's Firestone stereo that I got from my cousin that was gutted. I bought a small Sony stereo cut out the front added a shelf for the stereo to sit on put the sub in the bottom and the other two speakers are in the corners up high.
Made a lid on the top for the cd player which quit working. Need to upgrade to something with Bluetooth so I don't need to plug in a aux cord.
IMG_20230327_180552898.jpg
IMG_20230327_180614394.jpg
IMG_20230327_180621336.jpg

Not the best but good enough for a 10x 12 shop even had neighbors complain.

Latest posts

Back