show me your motorized 2 wheeled monstrosity's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i don't know if there has been ne one else who has asked but if so i will ask anyways........
since everyone builds some crazy bicycles i wanna see what everone has for motorcycles.......
since mine is in peices in a barn i have no pick's yet but i wanna start a build on it an i need to be inspired........

This is my 1964 Truimph Chopper that I have been tooling on for about 8 years, more off than on. Please don't call it a bobber, I have way too much fabrication labor and handmade parts for it to be a one. A bobber is a stock bike with all the unnecessary stuff stripped off and the fenders cut. The magazines can call everything without extended forks a bobber all they want, doesn't make it true.

20080726_5.jpg

Still need to fabricate the exhaust.

PDC_0175.jpg

Engine plate, jockey shift

PDC_0173.jpg

Engine plate, shift linkage

PDC_0171.jpg

Shift crossover linkage, oil lines

PDC_0090.jpg

Remote oil filter, license plate, taillight mount, oil lines. Yeah those a Schwinn springer springs

PDC_0230.jpg

Suicide Clutch

PDC_0197.jpg

Sissy Bar

I also did the passenger pegs and wheel spacers, and managed to get the front end from a Moto Guzzi 850t to work in the Triumph frame and with a Harley front wheel. Still need brake discs and Brembo calipers. There are about 13 threaded bosses and a few tabs that I fabricated to mount everything. I made the lane splitter handlebars too.The 1964 Trophy "Sportsman's Competition" engine needs a rebuild and will likely get a 750 or 850 kit and a Morgo oil pump. it will also need an electrical system, but I am stoked that the only major fabrication left is the exhaust, which will mount high and on the left side.

that looks mint....... i love the suicide shift.. did you hardtail it yourself??????

It has a suicide clutch, no such thing as a suicide shift. The suicide in the equation is having your bike in gear and not being able to put your feet down, because one foot is holding the clutch down and the other is braking. Taking a hand off to shift should not be suicide :mrgreen:

The hardtail is Santee Industries, it had no mounting bungs or brackets for anything, and it is bolted on AND welded on. It's 6" longer and 4" lower than the stock swingarm. The Guzzi fork is 3" shorter than the stock Triumph front end.

Well here is my other project, Its a homebuilt minibike that will be powered by a briggs 5hp flathead with a two speed jackshaft.

I got started on it...but ended up working on building my rat bike first.

I took this pic to get an idea of the layout, and the overall look.
mbike2.jpg

another angle showing the big back tire...
mbike1.jpg

Oh and in the process of building the mini-bike chopper, I came across a all original 1968 1/2 Rupp C-500, this one will be restored... one of these days
rupp3.jpg

i am at work looking at a 13hp honda motor that would look amazing in the mini chopper frame..
i have a 71 kawasaki 75 cc that i wanna restore..... i will post some pics of that soon...

its only 115$ thats awsome.... makes me wanna build a mini chopper... how small is that bike it looks pritty big you got a pic of you beside it??

i got a couple few on the go. lots of big plans and such, but ya know how it goes. :)
my 1967 305 (2 stroke)big bear.
i changed out the bars and plan on replacing the exaust,seat, and rear fender. i'll put em aside for safe keeping, but she's gonna be a street legal cafe racer.

IMG_1302.jpg

picked up this 71 twin (100cc 2 stroke) not too long ago
IMG_1958.jpg

its gonna get the full cafe treatment, much like this.
yamaha-yl1.jpg

and last, an old 1963 80cc (2 stroke) omaha trail 80. its considered a dirtbike.(step through motorcycle) it does have a clutch/gears and uses a heel toe shifter. i've been trying to find parts to restore it for the girlfriend.
IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1521-1.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

it actually uses a very similar unibody to the twin. for the most part, there identical with exception of the high/low bars/frame.

no real horse power, no fancey gadgets, just fun old bikes ya don't see everyday.

Von Stans said:
its only 115$ thats awsome.... makes me wanna build a mini chopper... how small is that bike it looks pritty big you got a pic of you beside it??

I dont really have any pics of me next to it, but the front wheel came off a 16" schwinn stingray, and the rear tire measures 18" tall by about 8" wide. The 5hp engine pretty much fills the frame.

here's my monkey bike i wanna clean up over the winter i want to make a jockey shift for the bike cause i don't have the shifter pedel for it...... and i figure flat black with traditional hot rod flames on the tank......

100_0769.jpg

icyuod2 please tell me you have pin ball machines in the background of though's pics????

oh i have a few kicking around in the basement. i started restoring old em's last year (self taught) you can usually get em pretty cheap when they dont work. most of em are pretty easy to fix. if somethings broken, you can usually see/hear/or smell it. lol
IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

you'll have to excuse the mess, i've been tearing down walls/tiling floor/extending the arcade, to make room for the bicycles over the winter.
IMG_2729.jpg

here is my everyday ride a 2003 KLR650a, I love this motor,I've ridden this thing up to canada all down the east coast and for errands most everyday even in the snow. This bike is awesome on and off road this summer I'm planning another epic ride with a few buddies trying to survive northern maine. As you can see the bike has been outfitted as a post apocalyptic assault vehicle I try to take pictures of all the crazy things i find while adventure riding. some how I seem to come across alot of couples in the woods :oops: as well a few abandon trucks
dualsportfinds003.jpg

dualsportfinds001.jpg

Latest posts

Back