SHOW ME YOUR WORKSPACE / SHOP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C5DEFE22-0583-4956-8D07-93380AC199D4.jpeg

This is the outdoor welding and fabrication area. Recent high winds have shredded some of my tarps and curtains, and I need to secure things again.

63265C50-26C9-4308-AC9B-D5475A7E1065.jpeg

Prelim work on the super secret tricycle project.
1C195811-B67F-4453-8534-1AEEF9CB86BF.jpeg

CC7C891A-C151-4ADE-A171-A4B9EB3FE17E.jpeg

That old rolling box has a long history. It was my dad’s footlocker & in 1964 he built it in Dong Ha, Vietnam. It was built from Air Force plywood that probably cost $500 a sheet after it was flown half the way around the world and then back.

I've posted my mechanical workspace here on this thread already. This is my "spray booth." The humidity is so bad in S. FL. that I have to try to get my painting in from late October to early May which is our dry season. At least a half dozen bikes have been painted under these slash pines.
20230129_172408.jpg

I've posted my mechanical workspace here on this thread already. This is my "spray booth." The humidity is so bad in S. FL. that I have to try to get my painting in from late October to early May which is our dry season. At least a half dozen bikes have been painted under these slash pines.
View attachment 225349

We have big redwood trees here and when the weather becomes nice enough to paint, they start making pollen. I had yellow speckles in my green toolbox.

I have to do all my painting underneath the tarps, outdoors, adjacent to a variety of trees. Fortunately there usually aren’t a lot of insects.

When I painted my little fishing boat, I turned her upside down (on two big picnic benches screwed up to long 2x4s with wheels on them) and rolled her out on the driveway.

I built a paint booth out of plastic drop cloths, duct tape, tent poles, rope, and stakes, which covered my driveway.
It incorporated an exhaust fan, and an air filter.

My wife said that a big paint cloud came out of that fan and blew up over the top of our house. There was still a little turquoise blue overspray on the concrete when I sold that house.

It is gloomy and wet, and my current painting/welding area has some shredded curtains from the recent windstorm. I am avoiding the place entirely until we get 3 sunny days in a row to dry everything out.

We have big redwood trees here and when the weather becomes nice enough to paint, they start making pollen. I had yellow speckles in my green toolbox.

I have to do all my painting underneath the tarps, outdoors, adjacent to a variety of trees. Fortunately there usually aren’t a lot of insects.

When I painted my little fishing boat, I turned her upside down (on two big picnic benches screwed up to long 2x4s with wheels on them) and rolled her out on the driveway.

I built a paint booth out of plastic drop cloths, duct tape, tent poles, rope, and stakes, which covered my driveway.
It incorporated an exhaust fan, and an air filter.

My wife said that a big paint cloud came out of that fan and blew up over the top of our house. There was still a little turquoise blue overspray on the concrete when I sold that house.

It is gloomy and wet, and my current painting/welding area has some shredded curtains from the recent windstorm. I am avoiding the place entirely until we get 3 sunny days in a row to dry everything out.
I hear you, those slash pines are putting out the yellow pollen now. I pressure washed the driveway the other day and had a large yellow stained puddle on the driveway apron.

Latest posts

Back