Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 12yr old sons first solo build!!!!! guess kids do pay attention!!
24296402-1f54-4b4f-a361-310c6dc52f47_zps6e847bb0.jpg

I just finished my first build. I originally wanted an old schwinn but I picked this up from a friend for next to nothing I then put way more money in to it than it's worth but I guess that's part of the fun. I threw on some new wheels with a nexus 3 speed, some apes and paint.
934F94D2-47BA-48F3-8433-5926F83D0551-878-00000136A03B2859_zpsb8de5e3e.jpg

7181072A-6E8C-418E-80D5-24F05D90E8D5-422-00000033D13E31F6_zps5f805e10.jpg

actually I'm not 100% what kind of bars they are... I got them off a Schwinn Predator bmx a long time ago but unsure if they were original to it or not.

here is my baby from begining to end BTW im now officially addicted and looking for my next build,

started with new tires then i got new seat and bmx pedals after my freind at DTLA bikes converted my rear wheel into a freewheel and put front and rear breaks and i added the handle bars and stem off a lil bmx gonna chain that soon to a big bmx one but there it is :D
before

after before

AFter

Santa Fe, same difference. :)

bought for $20 on craigslist with a taco'd front rim. neighbor gave me a near-new womens Good Vibrations i used the wheelset and seat off from, and used the bars off of an old mountain bike i have laying around.

started life as maroon, then i started my refinish with a basecoate of hammertone copper:

put spots of white here and there, then topcoated with satin Wildflower Blue:

sanded the blue with 2000 grit until it was very thin, with some white and copper poking through. had a talented friend of mine hand-lay the pinstriping. finished everything else in flat black.

ideally i wanted to use a drop stem from a road bike to really slam the stance, and have more detail in painting the wheels/spokes/spoke nipples, but i had to finish it before our group ride this past weekend, so it is what it is. it's alot of fun for $20, four cans of paint, and two .44 mag valve stem covers invested. :D

Wow. No matter what type of bicycle you like, the Huffy can do the job. You guys installed drop bars, bull horn bars and apes, I may have to build a Cranny based klunker, or rat rod, or fixie, or...

aka_locojoe said:
corysmeltzer said:
Changed mine up again taking it from a cruiser to somewhat klunker-ish style
DSC07338.jpg

I really like this.
Me too!

Decisively clean and simple; nice job, Cory!

Latest posts

Back