SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get my 3G! I was curious if there were any other tires the same size as the BOA-G? I like the BOA-G tires and don't have a problem keeping them. I just wanted to know if anybody was running a different tread. Thanks.

I can't wait to get my 3G! I was curious if there were any other tires the same size as the BOA-G? I like the BOA-G tires and don't have a problem keeping them. I just wanted to know if anybody was running a different tread. Thanks.
im considering a 3g i like the looks of them just haven't decided what model yet

Kenda Flame 26 x3 tires would fit and look cool. If you are looking for more of a knobby tire there plenty fat mountain bike tires that would work well. Hope this helps. As a side note, if you remove the BOA-Gs I am interested in buying them..........

Thanks. I am pretty sure i will be sticking with the BOA-Gs. I was just curious what else people had tried. Can't wait to get my hobby funds built back up and then my 3G!...lol

I would get the Newport Deluxe Single Speed but because it is pretty hilly here in Birmingham I am going with the Newport Deluxe 3 Speed. We go to Florida several times a year, so it will be going down with me.

Here's what I've got so far... Im gonna add a big ol' springer front end, head light, and maybe a cool banana seat with sissy bar soon.. Ive got some mid ape hangers that Im also thinking with the banana seat, I just got to go get them from a friends place.. Any suggestions?
e9b47d1b-70d6-4ea0-aad4-2631323956ab.jpg

Here's what I've got so far... Im gonna add a big ol' springer front end, head light, and maybe a cool banana seat with sissy bar soon.. Ive got some mid ape hangers that Im also thinking with the banana seat, I just got to go get them from a friends place.. Any suggestions?
e9b47d1b-70d6-4ea0-aad4-2631323956ab.jpg
Sounds like a great plan!

Luke.

Had I kept mine, I was going to put one of the Sunlite Deluxe Springers (Monarch / Abe Linkage copy) on it. I looked at one at a local shop and these forks look to be super nice quality and have room for the BOA Gs, unlike some of the older versions. The one you want is 1 1/8 with a 300mm steer tube, that you may need to be shortened..... I can't remember head tube length, but it was super long on my Newport.

http://sunlitecycling.com/product_detail.php?short_code=Deluxe+Springer+Replica&cl1=FORKS

41Q-duTF7mL.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses... After bringing my other 3G back from North Carolina yesterday, I did some part swapping and put together this.. Any ideas? When I get the cash together, Im definitely looking at putting that Springer from up above on her. I have a broken axle on my front Boa tire, but I kind of like the skinny tire up front. It rides just as nice. I cant say enough about these bikes. They ride like a Caddy. Ive owned 3 so far.. Mr. Silva and 3G definitely know what they are doing. Ill be a lifelong customer... And no, I wasn't paid to say this.. Hahaha..
Unless he wants to kick me some free parts here and there.. Hahaha..
suzyq.jpg

I was also able to pull this bottle opener off of a Christmas gift I received a few years ago.. Rister is my last name... Thought it was cool..
bottle.jpg

Love the looks of these bikes. I'm thinking of buying one and have a couple of questions. Is there any room for larger tires, and how quick were they to ship the bikes? I don't have any local dealers. Thanks, Dave.

I picked up this 3G on Craigs for dirt cheap. As it sits here the only good parts to work with is the frame, forks, stem, seat post and clamp, and amazingly the seat is in decent shape. Plans to make it my own are a new wheel and tire set, sealed bearing headset, 3G Royal handlebars, sealed bearing American bottom bracket with 3 piece BMX cranks, 9/16 pedals and a new 44 tooth chainring. I already have a new Weinmann single speed wheel set I had from a previous trade and the handlebars from another 3G I picked up. More pics soon.

Okay, previous pics were the craigslist ad pics and how the bike looked as purchased on Thanksgiving day 2014. Pics below are how the bike looks today with most of the parts I had listed in the previous post. The handlebars, stem and seat are just for mock up. The rest is finished. The tires are Cheng Shin C1218. I will post finished build pics and a review of the first ride soon.

Latest posts

Back