SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
10,957
Reaction score
3,154
Location
Fairfax, VA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Re-posted due to decrappification. :mrgreen:


bike3044.jpg
 
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
297
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put this one together over the weekend, with a 1940's skiptooth frame and a bunch of "BMX" parts I had laying around

Dsc_1720.jpg

Dsc_1721.jpg

Dsc_1722.jpg

Dsc_1724.jpg

Dsc_1725.jpg

Dsc_1726.jpg

Dsc_1727.jpg
 
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
194
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tuga said:
Put this one together over the weekend, with a 1940's skiptooth frame and a bunch of "BMX" parts I had laying around


i like those cranks! 180's? :)
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
9
Location
Chilly Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the bmx look tuga.
I put this together last spring, not really a Klunker or a bomber for that matter, a little of both and none of each I suppose. A more modern early bmx frame and late 70's components. seat post, clamp and grips are modern repros, tires are Kenda K-80s. Tank and plate were done by IMGX Graphix. I've done a couple of 20+ mile rides on this bike since I built it and it rides great.

1978 Laguna 26" bmx frame and fork.
"Cherry Bomber", Built for Cherry Hill BMX in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

forumbomber3.jpg


forumbomber5.jpg


forumbomber2.jpg


Me, gettin' a little air under the tires at the bmx track.
forumoldmanjump.jpg


My son Cam, one footed peace sign wheelie in the parking lot.
forumbomber6.jpg
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
362
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia via Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RCain said:
I like the bmx look tuga.
I put this together last spring, not really a Klunker or a bomber for that matter, a little of both and none of each I suppose. A more modern early bmx frame and late 70's components. seat post, clamp and grips are modern repros, tires are Kenda K-80s. Tank and plate were done by IMGX Graphix. I've done a couple of 20+ mile rides on this bike since I built it and it rides great.

1978 Laguna 26" bmx frame and fork.
"Cherry Bomber", Built for Cherry Hill BMX in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.
Those were awesome frames...glad to see you're still rockin' the old school checkered Vans shoes 8)
 
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
886
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These pictures were taken back in 1995. My friend and I built up 2 old Schwinn frames with "modern" components, like the Girvin flexstem and bullseye cranks.
clunker1.jpg

clunker2.jpg

We called them the "Retro Rockets" They were great bikes to ride, especially when other "serious" mountain bikers saw what they were. 8)
 
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
886
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just threw this one together today, built from a trash picked huffy. :D
PHTO0007.jpg
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
59
Location
Auburndale FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the post on my Spaceliner in kngtmat find post, here is mine that someone made maybe in the 80's or early 90's that I might want to bring back original some day though, I haven't rode it yet because of the tires have dry rot and will need a bit less wide tires since the ones on it are rubbing on the frame, Nitto bars, Shimano Eagle rear, Shimano Tourney brakes and Shimano Thunderbird front.
PICT1130.jpg

PICT1132.jpg

PICT1135.jpg
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
871
Reaction score
24
Location
Dunnville,Ontario, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speed2XS said:
ckdesigns69 said:
Sweet bike! Where did you buy those tires?


Just the local bike shop. They're available all over the internet though.


Just tried getting those at my local bike shop and they had them in stock......for $60 a piece :shock: .....Looks like I'm gonna have to go online to Niagara Cycle and get them for $24 each. How do they expect me to keep my business local with prices like that?
 
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Location
West Coast, SoCal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found this on CL for $20, spent another $15 for grips/bmx stem/one rattlecan, used other leftover bmx parts from old DB
before:
a51f1591.jpg

04cbd69e.jpg

i use an old pool ladder a neighbor threw out for my paint stand/misc parts hanger

after(2 days later):
345479b0.jpg

2901bd55.jpg

Schwinn Jaguar POS / 5spd / rear brake / used strictly for pre-dawn stealth missions only
sorry for all the pix...
 
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
194
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HotRodRob said:
Speed2XS said:
ckdesigns69 said:
Sweet bike! Where did you buy those tires?


Just the local bike shop. They're available all over the internet though.


Just tried getting those at my local bike shop and they had them in stock......for $60 a piece :shock: .....Looks like I'm gonna have to go online to Niagara Cycle and get them for $24 each. How do they expect me to keep my business local with prices like that?


are those small block 8's? if so our wholesale is nearly 30 bucks..... :?
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
138
Reaction score
6
Location
Modesto, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my first klunker i put it together this weekend using parts from a mountain bike i had laying around im probably gonna keep it looking like this for a while then ill probably fix it up, i need to do somethin about that fork though it looks too clean :lol:
100_0816.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top