SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
bc1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Not old or nearly as cool and probably not considered a "klunker", but it's what I've got. It's my "mountain cruiser/adult bmx" Trek Classic. Future plans include Panaracer Fire XC blackwall tires with the red bead(not the wide red sidewall) and white lettering. Needs a different seat and BMX-style bars. Possibly a suspension fork at some time. Still debating on whether the chainguard will stay or go. Everyone takes them off so I might just leave it on.

100_0989.jpg

I always loved that build and that action shot....you just need an "I'd Rather Be Klunking" shirt on. :mrgreen:

Here is my Klunker that I am working on. Frame is a straight bar JC Higgins. It has a Nexus 7 speed rear hub, SA front drum brake, motorcycle handlebars, and motorcycle brake levers. I am runnning some Specialized Enduro tires I had lying around. I plan to change the seat to a Brooks saddle and change the crank to a 3 piece crank. It is alot of fun to ride.

klunker001.jpg

klunker002.jpg

My 20 minute klunker. Took about 20 minutes to build from parts I had laying around. Fun bike, but I would like a better seat.
128.jpg

130.jpg

Pile of leftovers!
131.jpg

Made some changes!

Picture108-1.jpg

I have some red anodized rims to lace up for it. I would also like to get some shorter crank arms (it has 175mm arms now).

Latest posts

Back