SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so in my perfect world I would get a set of Skull Skate bars and one of those Helix deals, but at $140... I'll need to think about it.

GTCOMA said:
ok, so in my perfect world I would get a set of Skull Skate bars and one of those Helix deals, but at $140... I'll need to think about it.

Yeah...I know how you feel. They key is to find a couple of bikes to flip to earn the dough and then try not to think about what else you could buy with $140. :wink:

Funny...thats how I rationalize all my hobby purchases. It's not what I spend. It's what I had invested in what I sold to get what I wanted is how much I paid :shock: Thanks for a great site Steve :wink: I appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...I know how you feel. They key is to find a couple of bikes to flip to earn the dough and then try not to think about what else you could buy with $140. :wink:

mine...

used this frame.. an 'old' columbia
30042_1331030431495_1103016605_3073.jpg

the outcome...
IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

:D...

Rat Rod I have your green klunker as my desktop at work every one loves it. Can you tell me what the colors and paint type are?
Thanks Gary

I sold the Battlecruiser a few months after the build off and I've regretted it ever since. It was a smooth riding bike and I really liked the way the camo color scheme turned out. I know have just about everything I need to reconstruct a replica of this bike, but it's what I chose for my build off this go around. I've decided to use the one bike switch rule this time around and will save the Schwinn F/F for Battlecruiser II.

bc1.jpg

Thanks Steve I'v got a surplus of green cans and tan now so I'l try some more. Nice article in Kickstand mag. this month. I will be in Denver next month and plan on a few Denver Cruiser rides with Damon and the rest of the guys.

J_Westy said:
Just curious, why did you cut out the lower top tube?

no reason actually... 'see, im into some kind of restoring old balloon tire bikes. but i cant find correct parts for this frame such as, fenders, tank, chainguards ..etc. (its an extra frame though) so, i decided to build myself a rider bike that can go distance. and im just happy with the result, the looks and the ride... very smooth indeed.! :D

1939 DX Retro-Mod

Finished the build today. Very happy with the results :D
----------

Frame: 1939 Schwinn DX "Schwinn Ace", S/N: B21178
Fork: NOS 1981 Tange TX-1200
Headset: NOS Tange MX-2
Stem: Ashtabula (1978)
Handlebar: 90's BMX cruiser Answer Alumilite 7075
Grips: Ritchey True Grips (contemporary)
Brake Levers: NOS/NIB 1987 Dia Compe AD 290 4-finger levers in grey
Chain: KMC BMX Z-chain in silver
Cranks: 175mm TA ProVis 5 anniversary edition with retro stickers
Chainring: TA 30T
Bottom Bracket: Tange 68x122.5 with TruVativ bottom bracket adapter (both contemporary)
Pedals: NOS MKS BMX-7
Rims: Araya 7C 26x1.75. NOS silver, stripped and re-anodized red
Hubs: Sturmey Archer X-RD8(W) rear; X-FD front
Tires: Cheng Shin C693 26x2.125
Saddle: Brooks B-72 w/ chrome rails
Seatpost: Custom turned solid 6061, clear anodized
Seatpost Binder: Campy

Weight: 38 lbs of klunker fun

Build saga here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81547

----------

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Very nicely done!

Love the Paint scheme and parts selection. Nice work on the pinstriping as well.

How does it ride?

Beautifully done...so many great details to this bike.

The craftsmanship and attention to detail is incredible.

If money were no object, I'd build a bike like this one day.

Okay, though somewhat out to pasture now (occasional trip to the store), this bike, in various forms, has been my "klunker" for sooo loong, it was spelled with a "c". :p :lol:

sideviewsm2.jpg

deorman said:
Okay, though somewhat out to pasture now (occasional trip to the store), this bike, in various forms, has been my "klunker" for sooo loong, it was spelled with a "c". :p :lol:

bike%202%20053.jpg
:D :D :D :mrgreen: :D :D :D

Great bike! Everything really seems to go together...BTW, the Nexus 4-speed hub is discontinued (according to Sheldon Brown), so you've truly got a rare bird here!

Mike H.
Irving, Texas

Latest posts

Back