Shrinking grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Anyone have an idea if you can shrink grips so they fit on the bar again? I have a 1950 Schwinn and the grips slide right off with barely any effort. Do I need to find a replacement set or is there a way to shrink them back down? Thanks!

you should give the grips to my wife she has a habit of shrinking everything she washes for me :) but you know wife's they know everything she just says its me putting weight on :oops: :roll:

I usually just replace them with the closest thing I can get myself , I've came across a few that were just taped on, some even looked like someone wrapped the bars with cloth tape and used rubber cement to hold them on, had to chip those grips off.

I wonder if putting them in boiling water for a few minutes would do it? :?: :?: :?:

Euphman06 said:
Anyone have an idea if you can shrink grips so they fit on the bar again? I have a 1950 Schwinn and the grips slide right off with barely any effort. Do I need to find a replacement set or is there a way to shrink them back down? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back