Silver Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
vctngi.jpg

2u5dhkw.jpg

2lmmpl1.jpg

2wp2lgj.jpg

2wbvuqw.jpg

t0n5mr.jpg

25s3dkk.jpg

1zn9508.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

It's got the tandem wheels off last year's entry and it's just primer and burgundy clearcoated. I used HotRodJen's idea of shoe polish to get the tires looking good, and thanks to Flame Jigger for the chain guard. I forgot to include a closeup shot of the key to the lock, hanging from the handlebar stem.

Has no one used a padlock on the brake arm before?

I like it. Nice and clean. Is that the early Bendix pre-anti transposed anti-lock all brass housing with the rust free shackle coaster brake setup co-sponcered by Masterlock? Kinda like when Hurst worked with Olds or Shelby worked with Ford? If not, it's still a really great idea.

How could you tell it's a masterlock? They come in packs of two for about 4 bucks. No one can steal the rear wheel unless they notice the key on the handlebar stem.
Even though it's still 100 outside, I took the Silver Flyer out for a ride. After 3 miles, the rear tire failed, it didn't blow out, just has a big deformity in it, so it rubbed the frame. Back home, I was putting on some $3 kendas when the chain grabbed the brass plate next to the sprocket and bent it before I noticed what was happening. So it went up on a bike hook until I get to it this weekend.

Latest posts

Back