Silver king , Elgin purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Didn't want to make it official till I had both bikes. As everyone knows these bikes went quick. During one of my work breaks I checked to see what's going on with the forum and what do I see,three awesome bikes for sale. Like everyone else I too had the Elgin up as my screensaver. I got to admire the silver king in person on my first ride with skipton & Kevin and all the Chicago guys.
I couldn't believe I was the first to PM so while I was waiting for a reply I was really freaking out.
When we finally talked and worked out the $$$ I had the Elgin in my possession like 3hrs after reading the post. Picked up the silver king at the Addison bike swap this weekend.
(Which both bikes won trophies).
The Elgin weighs a beefy 52lbs.
I do a lot of riding so these bikes will see plenty of pavement.
Kevin did such an awesome job on these builds they ride like new bikes.
I'm very proud to have these in my collection. Now I just have to explain to my wife why I didn't get a vacation check this year.
But I'll cross that bridge, I mean "I'll RIDE over that bridge when I get to it".
Here's some pics of the bikes. Had to give them the red carpet treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of those bikes are truly trophy worthy. Onewheelsqueal did an amazing job with them.
Congrats on having those on your red carpet. Who needs a vacation anyway?
It's tough for me to say which one of these builds I like the best. Right now I am leaning towards the Elgin.

Last edited:
Both of those bikes are truly trophy worthy. Onewheelsqueal did an amazing job with them.
Congrats on having those on your red carpet. Who needs a vacation anyway?
It's tough for me to say which one of these builds I like the best. Right now I am leaning towards the Elgin.
I agree, the silver king is a bad ride from the get go. The aluminum frame just draws attention automatically, but the Elgin just looks so smooth and thought out,The pictures don't do either of these bike justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics. And thanks for the comps. Gill threw me for a curve, I listed 3 bikes figuring to sell one And he offers to buy two! I didn't plan on that. It was a tough call but I made it. I figured they woulda sit there and take for ever to sell. I was in a bit of shock. Those aren't bikes that come along every day so it was tough to let go of something that I was so attached to.

However the story goes on. As I also got something in as partial trade as well which I'll post shortly.

Thanks Gill.

It's good to see someone have these bikes who can appreciate and will ride them. I know Kevin poured Heart and Soul into these two and I know he is pleased they stayed together and you got them. Was going to tell you Congrats at the show but was busy running and whenever I was back you were off somewhere too.

Besides, I am really glad you bought them, so I could save the money this time, seemed to be a pattern for a while Kevin would put a bike up for sale and I would end up buying it.

Best of luck with them, see ya on a ride!

It's good to see someone have these bikes who can appreciate and will ride them. I know Kevin poured Heart and Soul into these two and I know he is pleased they stayed together and you got them. Was going to tell you Congrats at the show but was busy running and whenever I was back you were off somewhere too.

Besides, I am really glad you bought them, so I could save the money this time, seemed to be a pattern for a while Kevin would put a bike up for sale and I would end up buying it.

Best of luck with them, see ya on a ride!
I know i was really looking forward to meeting you thats the one thing i was thinking on the way home. For sure will meet up on a ride. thanks...

Man this is an insane sickness!............it won't kill u, make u ill, depress u...or make u unfaithful....just wish the wife could understand and embrace that! Are we all collectomaniacs? Is that even a word? I think this collectomania sickness should allow us some sort of a tax break or medical allotment! Just say'n!

Latest posts

Back