Silver King Unchained: BELT DRIVE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a beauty Oddjob! Love that old and modern mix.
For me personally, the frame and the front wheel/rear wheel difference stands out the most. Absolutely epic proportions!

Thanks for the build, I really enjoyed the build thread here.

Very nice, and I’m not just saying this because I like silver bikes. This is one I’d like to have the time to look over in person.

I am really digging the belt drive system and if I wasn’t personally into lots of unnecessary bling I would put one on my bike.

I’ve never seen one of these Silver Kings in real life so I don’t have a total appreciation for what you’ve done here, except that it looks like it was a very difficult build with lots of rusty parts and loose junk.

She's a beauty Oddjob! Love that old and modern mix.
For me personally, the frame and the front wheel/rear wheel difference stands out the most. Absolutely epic proportions!

Thanks for the build, I really enjoyed the build thread here.
Thanks BRE! That means a lot coming from you.

Very nice, and I’m not just saying this because I like silver bikes. This is one I’d like to have the time to look over in person.

I am really digging the belt drive system and if I wasn’t personally into lots of unnecessary bling I would put one on my bike.

I’ve never seen one of these Silver Kings in real life so I don’t have a total appreciation for what you’ve done here, except that it looks like it was a very difficult build with lots of rusty parts and loose junk.
Thanks Ulu! Yeah, the original parts were pretty much locked up into the frame with rust. And because of the cast nature of the duralumin, it can't take hard blows or a ton of leverage pressure like steel can. And the bonding of the steel parts to the aluminum frame was like they were welded together.

This was my first Silver King, and I was lucky to find it close by, and cheap.

received_744972573469499.jpeg

Just awesome. :41:
As all have said, great modernization to the classic; I gotta do a belt drive one day; etc.
Fantastic work. 😎

Your bike is really good. I love your belt conversion. A natural for a frame like yours. The Modern Monark front fork is always a winner and I like that you gave it a front brake. I especially like your big front headlight and old style tail light. Your handlebar details are excellent. Very good job.

Thanks Jake! It's been a fun build.

BACK40 Logo business card.jpg

Time to head out the back door of the BACK40 for another season. It was a great ride again with all you fellow builders! See you in the funny papers....

...and...RaT oN~!

Been waiting awhile for someone to do this .
Cruise the wheels off that thing .
Been wanting a belt drive for my Van Dessel since I built it .
One of my top picks for sure .

Latest posts

Back