single speed MTB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In keeping with my tradion of almost finishing one bike project (okay 3 or 4) without starting another....

I am going to rebuild my 1992 Specialized S-Works M2 into an off road single speed again. problem is i sold the wheelset several years ago(Paul components WORD hub) Whie i have a nice pair of wheels off a Schwinn High Sierra (decent alu rims and polished high flange hubs), i though i would see if anyone has a dedicated single speed rear MTB hub kicking around. 130MM spacing i believe...

The Sierra hub spacing is narrower (it was a 6 speed) but i could add a spacer, shift the axle over and re-dish i suppose...

Thanks Walker

cancel on the M2 single speed. The HighSierra is back into the basement with its original wheels. Wish i haden't sold those rollercam brakes on e-bay last week :cry: .

016.jpg
017.jpg

You mean a set like this!!??HAHA these things are rad!!

Them's the ones. While at the LBS looking through the QBP catalog i was swayed into buying a set of center pull brakes, so call off the search but thanks for the help. :)

Latest posts

Back