Six Pack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this bike for parts-F&S 3spd coaster brake, front drum brake. The bike is a DBS from Norway.
0913071754.jpg

Robbed the hubs from the funny size wheels-26x 1 1/2-french. I had to make a brake mount as the frame was setup for a coaster brake. Used part of the fender mount and added some angle aluminum. I mounted a Dia Compe Big Dog caliper brake-very long reach.]
CIMG0491.jpg

I added some tourist bars, 26" wheels with a bmx freewheel, new seat, new forks(originals bent) and my front basket.
It still has a bad rattlecan job on the frame and fork w/ original paint showing. Looks very theft proof. I always wanted to build a bike with a basket for haulin 6packs after I saw Outsider13's.
0212081700.jpg

Cman,I like it...I've been thinking about building a "theft-proof" type utility bike for awhile now.

I'll use yours as an insperation.

Yes it is. It is a Dia Compe Big Dog that came off one of my bikes. It is a dual pivot caliper and stops well. Can't use the short brake levers though.

Latest posts

Back