Sixgun Signing In From RI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy Pawel told me about the site when i told him i was buildin a bike. Sick! I Love It!

A Little About My Bike:

I got this bike for free from a friend. He found her in the trash of someone on his work route, so he grabbed her. One thing... he's in the process of building up a 26" Beach Cruser and his wife didn't really want him spending money on another bike. SOOOO he gave the bike to me.

l_28ffa686fad75093a2b6a986eeae5fa7.jpg

that's what she looked like when i got her. I've always had an idea on what i wanted my lowrider bike to look like (when i got one). so now that i had one, i quickly got working towards that goal.

l_b9eef678b10fcb314a44b1ad6e2b69fe.jpg

there she is ready for paint. she's now satin black all the way around. some of the crome stuff that i kept wans sanded lightly and scuffed to perfection... or to match the chrome i sanded rust off... you be the jugde..hahaha i was at work one day (target) and we have a mongoose that has 72 spoke black rims with nice bmx style tires. so i bought it and used it for parts...

l_c9364c658c84d8c217cbf5904bc90270.jpg

it still has the packet hangin off the bars...hahaha
but i used the rims and sproket...oh and one of the decals.. it was brass knuckles.. anyway... i can't really afford the "nice" parts for my bike cause i'm saving for a house and my fiance would have my head if i spent to much money on "just a bike"... i know i know... so i used a bender my dad had layin around and bend the forks my self. i'm going to be picking up the 15" apes and neck tomorrow at a local bike shop... both black. i'm going be running a chrome sissy bar and chrome supports on the springer. but here's an "up to date" pic as she sits now until tomorrow....

l_7a936bb33ff24fecbadebc5b31a6fb8d.jpg

so that's my story... i know a little long for a first post, but i wanted to get off on the right foot. so i'll post pics tomorrow with the new parts.

thanks for reading and looking

Vinnie Sixgun

thanks for the warm welcome guys.

i did a little to the bike last night after lookin at some pics in the gallery...hahaha.... but no parts yet. :( makes me sad.

but yea my buddy has the 26" cruser, we're starting work on that this weekend. i'm not to sure on which way he wants to go with it, but we'll get it done.

I did a lot of work today cause i'm supposed to be crusin at 3:30 Eastern Standard...hahaha and i'm still waiting for the bike shop to call me for the ape's and neck. i called em and the shippments come in at around 3ish so i'm cutting it close. but anyway.... i painted and installed the springer supports, i cut the spring in about 1/2 and flattend the cut side so it would sit right in the mount. then i cut the sissy bar and used the straight bars for the rear mount for the seat. i beat one end with a 3lbs mallet, then used the vice to flatten it more. then drilled the hole to mount to the rear axle. i mounted it to the inside of the seat pan so i wouldn't cut my ... cheeks.

after all that was done i was kinda bored so i was cleaning up my pile of junk with car/motorcyle/and bike parts and came across the stock front fender. i quickly made a mounting bracket out of a piece of scrap that was in the garage and here we sit....waiting for the bike shop to call...hahaha

l_1b81de45b0f94c8eabfc9dc09a4927ae.jpg

l_d729d33e46844c8d824aff4c570a828b.jpg

l_68c776d9d76c48dd933c6b9f9a353bcc.jpg

VINSTER IM BACK!! Bike looks nice man hahah pink didnt work out for you? lol STILL HATE YOU >.< CAUSE I DONT HAVE MINE YET!! COME SPRING TIME ITS A WRAP THOUGH. Im glad you like the site, I fell in love with it just as fast as you did, make your way to the gallery for motivation.

Anyone who cares, computer has been down, still no bike, still want a stretched 26 .. and yea new computer here now hopefully well not hopefully, bike will be here for spring, but keep on fallowing Im hopefully gonna do some gold leaf for vin all he has to do is send me the stencil for the "tank" space ...

and sorry didnt mean to jack thread.

Well this project has almost come to a close. All that's left to buy is a set of grips. I know which ones i want, and with my bday right around the corner i'll ask the wife to get em. i want to build another one now. same kinda style but in a 24 or 26. i'm also building a 24" Beach Cruser for the wife pretty soon. and probably a tow along for our puppy. but enough chatter...

ON TO THE PICS!!!!

l_cf2770e8098c4e51b866e20616de3295.jpg

l_5a4fa353f87941e29965bbde26771052.jpg

l_30e4d73f506f4fd19e632a90a3548d4d.jpg

and yes... that is my truck... and that is my real license plate. :D

nice ride vinnie!! i really like what you did with the sissy bar too. dont wanna be cuttin them butt cheeks!!! welcome to your new home!!!

Easy E

i did a couple things the other day, but i didn't take any pics till today.

i removed the spring (again) and rebent the collar for the spring so it would line up with the cap. drilled and retapped the hole for a bigger but shorter bolt and put them together. my fiance also bought me the grips with the skulls in em from LovelyLowrider, so i'm rockin those too. here are those pics...

l_ddf6296d4e75426ba784a1412117c056.jpg

l_4429da55b1a345d7a2ed0cf766752627.jpg

that's my neighbors wall across the street from my house.... i thought it would be a better background then that. but maybe if there weren't so many leaves...hahaha

thanks guys for all the awesome comments! i love em!!!!

Back