Sloth Speed Build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted a late 60's Schwinn Speedster.Found a great one cheap.Instantly i pictured this motorized.It's a "Speedster" so it had to be extra fast right?It has been sitting idle for a while.i finally got a motor and went through a real mess getting that resolved to begin with.Frustration and a busy schedule put this and many other projects on hold or slow progress.The itch has returned and there is no turning back.im just gonna post a few pics of it.It is not complete pending cable lengthing and muffler alteration.I am very excited to get this running.I have bulletproof tires and tubes mounted on sun rims.Heavy spokes and Sunshine hubs.Front fender is off a 59 Traveler.Seat is terribly uncomfortable and temporary till i find the right sadddle.The motor is a Grubee.Is it a 48cc? is it a 66?cc.Well,depends who you ask.I work 2 miles from home so,This project should be a perfect application to my wants.I also see ALOT of these built on WM bikes and old mountain bikes.That might be just right for some,i wanted to find a bike that NEEDED this motor.No brainer really.A 1969 Schwinn Speedster.It seems to be the perfect match.
bedef804.jpg
820e421c.jpg

I really like that air cleaner, what is that? Those engine covers look sorta cool too. Good luck mate

The air cleaner is the end of the inside of this beautiful chrome muffler i bought.I opened it out of curiosity and had a good laugh.its rusty tin so,now its just empty :shock: but i have the original muffler for noise ordinance.Anyhow the end fit right over the carb so the ugly stock red plastic cover is gonna get a makeover or i will use it for cigar buttsin the garage.
b5e189b0.jpg

Latest posts

Back