Smokin' Comfort Food on a Cold Rainy Weekend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beef Roast, Pork Loin, and Country Style Pork Ribs - Seasoned over nite and ready for the smoker!

DSC01606640.jpg

Getting started on the smoker.

DSC01609640.jpg

It rained all day, so I put up the umbrella to protect the smoker.

DSC01610480.jpg

Ribs and Pork Loin slices ---- Ready to plate with the pot of seasoned beans and home made BBQ Sauce.

DSC01612640.jpg

Smoked about 6 hours, so I got some assembly work done on my "commuter bike".

DSC01614640.jpg

Ahhhh, some good ole man food! Sure looks tasty!! :D

That seasoning looks like the perfect amount. Too many people load way too much on trying to be professional.

TEASER

Where do ya live?

Throw in BACON and I'll be right over.

I'm gettin' hungry...(heh)

Thanks guys. It is yummy!

Ratfink the UDS works great.
Check out the "seasoning" inside the lid, it's 1/4 thick by now, if that tells you how much I like to use it! :D

I agree about the amount of spice/seasoning. You don't need to put huge amounts on.
The green cast on the raw meat is from some Hatch Chili's that I dehydrated, smoked, and ground up.
The chili powder really smells and tastes good!

For those that are wanting a affordable smoker without spending a fortune, the UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) is just the ticket.

I believe it can be built for less than $100 and it produces excellent BBQ, of course it takes some "learning" but that is true with any smoker you get.

Ratfink is SO RIGHT about the UDS - Ugly Drum Smoker - the original Rat Rod Smoker.

Do some Google searches for "UDS" or "Ugly Drum Smoker" and you will see what we mean, and the smoked meats that they produce are really GOOD!

I kind of got carried away with my build, and took a real simple idea to an extreme, but it was what I wanted to do creatively. The guys who build these things can stay simple or get creative, sometimes they build both. Does this sound like building rat rod bikes yet? Well it is.

Check out your Google searches, and check out my own "build". http://www.uglydrumsmoker.blogspot.com/

The only thing I would do different would be to start with a new drum that was never used, and does not have a sprayed in liner coating that you must remove to safely cook food in. The extra cost will be off-set by the cost and effort to remove the liner, and insure that your cooked food will be safe to eat.

Thanks for the nice comments all. I've had 3 meals off this so far and the rest, I gave to my friends or is in the freezer. :D

Jerry is an awesome cook last trip to his house landed me the best grilled steak, baked potato, and freshly made salad I had in a long time.
This beat any steak dinner at any restaurant you can buy without spending an arm and a leg. I owe you big time Jerry, if it
was up to me I would have been eating off the dollar menu or good ol Taco B#ll to try to save some money while away from home.

Only on RatRodBikes can you meet the coolest people and make friendships that are sure too last a lifetime
no matter who you are or where you're from. My first trip to see Jerry was just to buy a seat from him and
now just about every time I have to go to Fort Worth for my guard duty (90 miles one way) I get to stop by on Saturday
and visit for a couple of hours and hang out and talk about bikes and rat rod stuff in general. :D

Latest posts

Back