Snowing...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is snowing out...that is all. :cry:

you´re lucky, man! in the past 5 years we have less and less snow every year, because of global warming i think :roll:
and you can also ride your bike in the snow :wink:

throw a ski on the forks and a few rows of 1/8 in. sheetmetal screws in the back tire and WOOOOO HOOOOOO snow bike
or you could try to make one of these

icebike-515x270.jpg

I can't wait for snow to come!

:D

especialy with theses toys!

IMG_4971.jpg

Man....it's 86F here today.

Not the slightest chance of snow around here until maybe January.

And that could be a long shot. :wink:

when i was a kid like 13 14 yrs i took a cross country ski and cut the end off and mounted it to the forks. then lined duct taped the inside of the tire and then duct taped two old inner tubes to the backside of the tire also. then mounted it as normal. then screwed in 1/8 in sheet metal screws in every knobby and POOF ski bike

didn't do good in deep snow but on scraped/plowed roads it worked sweet

"Where I come from, there is none of that cool snow you guys find at the dump. No snow, no tornados, no earthquakes, nothing." :mrgreen:

Hugo

true

Nickname said:
snow is not something negative, hugo!......most of the time :roll:

Only when it comes in September :!: :!: :!:

i got me a big ol' brand new space heater for my garage and im in the process of installing industrial shelves and creating a much more efficient an organised workspace on only half of my double car garage so that i can get my car in over the winter. plus, with my "new" workshop i can work all winter!!!! ooooooraahhh!!!
fast eddie outty

Now that's cool do you remember where? I'd like to know more about it.

Aaron

thanks lightfoot i was a lil slow on the checking back on this post

Found these in a book I'm reading called "The Ride to Modernity: The Bicycle in Canada, 1869--1900". One of many cool photos and illustrations.

1476518411_f6a28fe4d8.jpg

I ride to work year round, and last year we had several inches on Oct 12 , and no snow on New Years day. Usually get about 90 to 100 inches over the winter season .
bike.jpg

Back