Snubbing a roadie!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just cause I get tired of nodding, saying hi, or waving to the spandex wearing crowd and not being acknowledged, I take on their attitude.
I advertise for repair, wheel building, bearing replacement, but no where do I list parts with repairs. The parts I do list are bmx or cruiser.
So yesterday I get a call, "do you have any 27.2 seatposts?" I answer that I don't, ask what kind of bike. A high end road bike. So I call around, local nothing cheap, but I could order one overnight at $65.00, a good one!
Guy wants one now, for $10.00, because he forgot his, doesn't want to drop any coin. So I apologize, and he asks, "can we shim one?" I immediately say, "no way." And he tells me he can see it working....
I got to tell him, "I work on bicycles, not cobble something together."
"I am sorry."
..... wept over what that manboy said to me. Again I apologized, and hung up. The next hour I got text after text about what a hilbilly backwater redneck we all are(cruiser guys?) and how my genetics relate me to my sister mom. I never responded, but I did google his name in his hometown(shouldn't have told me he was on vacation and where he's from) and it appears he works for a lawyers firm. I hope he appreciated my message I emailed the Firm. Maybe they can loosen up his shorts! :)

Latest posts

Back