So Cal Rat Rod Ride*update and edited*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like me +1 8) + :roll:
BUMPSIGN.jpg

I lived in HB all my life and as soon as I move and got into building bikes I find out about all these awesome rides... .... the Navy haha. Free bump and have an awesome ride! Ill be there in spirit!

Wow!
Thanks for getting those great shots, and getting them posted so fast. As luck would have it I didn't get a single useable picture today. Actually, I was too busy just havin' fun. This was So Cal as good as it gets- early March, shirtsleeve weather- (even for me, and I'm a total wimp about cold.) Clear enough to see the island and the mountains. And getting to ride from Huntington to Newport with just a mild headwind going down, and an easy tailwind coming back is rare. It doesn't get better than this.
Oh, yeah. It does get better.
Add about a dozen bike nuts out on their favorite ridin' rats, mix well with sunshine, an easy pace, add all the various sights to be seen on the bike path from HB pier to Balboa pier. A stop at the cantina, a corner to ourselves in the crowd- time to rest, eat, and talk bikes. The women can get a little break from the bike talk. Good food to boot. It's always a double surprise when you grab a burrito at a beachside cantina, and it turns out to be really good.
Here's where this all ends up. Getting those moments when you realize that you are just plain having a lot of fun- those few moments that you catch, when you can truly say, "There's no place I'd rather be than right here- nothing I'd rather be doing than this. That was today, the first second Saturday Rat Rod Ride. It was great meeting, and riding with everyone.

We'll do it again, next month- second Saturday in April.

Oh, yeah- I even salvaged the official hand painted sign. We can use it again next month.

JWM

ruddigger said:
It was a nice turn out, it was cool meeting all you guys, and your women folk. ;) I may have to get sick again next month.

I predict an outbreak of ratbike fever around the fourteenth of April.

I'm really looking forward to doing this again next month.
When I think back on Saturday, I'm really more and more pleased. What an auspicious series events we had for the First Second Saturday Cruise- perfect weather, mild wind, and a great bunch of folks sharing this odd thing about funky bikes. Not to mention hitting that crowded cantina just at the right moment when we could get everyone seated, and served at the same spot. Like I mentioned earlier, the older I get, the more I realize that the greatest pleasures we have in life are the simplest. Despite the high tech age we live in, the best times are had just getting together with friends, and doing simple things- riding along the beach path on a bicycle, grabbing a bite to eat. Sitting, talking, shooting the bull- Getting to know some new people with whom you share a common interest. All great stuff.
Next ride Saturday, April 14.

JWM

Hopefully I can make it on the 14th. My wife and I have ridden the huntington to newport too many times to count. Nothing but fun times!

The sprocket will not prevent me from riding this time around (it was bent) and hopefully I'll make it on time!! :) haha

Sent from my iPhone4
using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back