So ummmm...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Iwas driving down the street....a really busy one...and I saw this yard with about five or six bikes...all out...getting weather beaten...and I wondered...Should I go and knock at the door and inquire about the bikes??? Did I also mention that its in the East Side? lol How many have done this?

I do it all the time. The worse they can do is say no. Good luck.

dumpster_diver said:
I do it all the time. The worse they can do is say no. Good luck.

and So do I....

In fact, I even offer to Replace them( if they are Yard Art ) with another
one and a Fresh Basket of Flowers.

at Every Garage Sale I go to..
if their are no Bikes out...I still ask,

"Got any Old Ten Speeds or 70's Bikes"

and 95% of the Time they say "Well...I wasn't going to sell it...but Come and Look"
........and Then I am Brought inside to The Garage ,or Garden Shed.

It's amazing what will Happen in Life .......if
you "Put yourself Out there" ......and open up with People.

my 2 cents,
Kev.

Firewalker said:
lolol

I have been on rides were Kev hits the brakes (without warnning) in the middle of a ride just to stop and knock on a door! and then what a laugh to see him riding home with an extra bike in tow FOR FREE I mite add :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

That was Funny hey Mur..
Total White Trash.....Riding with a Bike in my hand.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but I got $40.00 for that Free Bike!!!

They come to me!!

I wasn't even trying, honest.

I'm leaving work the other morning, after my night shifts, and one of the incoming day shift guys is like, Hey, you like those Schwinn bikes, right? Well, yeah! I've got four of them in the truck if you want them. I was helping a friend clean out a storage building.

bunchagreen3.jpg

I check em out and it's sure enough, four green Schwinns! All lightweights, 3 '69s and a 73, 2 mens "Sport Collegiate", one Breeze and one women's Collegiate.

bunchagreen4.jpg

They weren't free, but the price was right. I didn't even have to go looking for them, I just get the fun stuff: dust 'em off, shine the chrome, and fiddle!

bunchagreen5.jpg

Oh yeah, 6 good tires and 7 good tubes out of the bunch! Couple of missing brake cables, derailleur parts, odds and ends that aren't correct but by and large untouched originals. Probably sat for 25 years, judging by the filth and the complete lack of air in any of the tires. Enough to build 3 good ones it looks like!

I didn't mean to bring any more home, honey, honest! Oh... you like that Breeze do you?

bunchagreen1.jpg

Rollin' in the green!

--=={{Rob}}==--

Back