Sold my R-S v-twin today..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have been trying for almost 3 years to find parts for my 1913 Reading Standard twin and have come up with absolutely nothing! So, yesterday I called a local collector and he came out and bought it for what I had into it. I was kind of sad to see it go. The plan was to build a boardtracker around it, but it was missing quite a few parts. Hopefully he will have better luck with it than I have. Now my dilemma is what do I get to replace it? I guess a Harley or a Indian would be the logical choices. If anyone has a mostly complete Harley or Indian engine from the teens or early 20s I'm in the market!

never even knew you had one!! any pics before she left(id love to see some)?
i kind of know the feeling im getting rid of my caddy and my c-10(yeah i know it doesnt compare to what you got rid of but still not fun :( ).........

Thanks deorman for the links. Sensor, I only had a engine. I had some pictures, but they were lost to a virus on my computer. I think I have some on my computer at work and I will post them on Mon. I still have a BTR seat by Heilman and a set of rims made by McRoberts Machine. If/when I find a engine I plan on buying the lugs from http://www.competitiondist.com/index01.htm and building my own frame. They also sell a Merkel style fork. Of course this all depends on whether or not I stay employed (I do contract work for Chrysler)!

b713_3.jpg

e1f0_3.jpg

1912 or 13 Reading Standard twin. Later engines had the magneto on the front and the plugs in the side of the cylinder. The 1912-13 model has the plugs in the top of the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back