Solid ST8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok its been 2 years since my last build (been busy with work) and I'm finally throwing my hat in the ring with this awesome frame I bought from Rustmotors back in 2010. I'm going to build an era correct Klunker using this prewar Schwinn frame...and will "TRY" to use BMX components from the late 70's early 80's. First things first...stripping it down to bare metal to see what I'll be working with...and yes I will rattle bomb it and finish it off with some pinstripes.

SANY0033.jpg

Thanks guys...so far i have a set of old school Sugino cranks, Dia Comp brakes, VDC cruiser handle bars, Sturmey Archer rear drum brakes (freewheel), 26" Schwinn King Sting forks, B66 Brooks Saddle, and 26" Araya 7x rims.

... primer-ed the frame and decided to cut off those brackets that the fenders attached to...because they were too damaged for my liking.

SANY0060.jpg
SANY00592.jpg

...rattle-canned it satin black...

SANY0083.jpg
SANY0084-1.jpg

...my Tange BB came in todays mail and notice it didn't have that washer with the notch in it...so I made my own...

SANY0081.jpg

...AAAAhhhhh perfect fit...

SANY0082-1.jpg

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Ok, got the Sturmey Archer rear drum brakes laced, polished and painted...and freewheel added...
SANY0085.jpg

SANY0090.jpg

...an old Brooks B66 saddle for my rumpage...
SANY0080.jpg

...some old school Maxy Cross cranks of course...
SANY0079-1.jpg

more pics to come next week when I have time to work on it... 8)

Man, I love that hub!!!!!

Some people may have thought you dropped out, but the Freaky Bunnies knew better!!!!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Some people may have thought you dropped out, but the Freaky Bunnies knew better!!!!!!!!!

...yep, can't fool the bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol: I pretty much have all the components put together, its just a matter of doing the finishing touches and taking the pics.

vibr8shun said:
kingfish254 said:

...yep, can't fool the bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol: I pretty much have all the components put together, its just a matter of doing the finishing touches and taking the pics.

Just don't forget about Rule 5.
5. Must include before, PROGRESS, and after photos (all in one thread please)

The build off is not about Before and After photos! It's about the PROCESS!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back