Some local motorcycle history

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys, my brother-in-law (BIL?) is a member on here but doesn't really stop in anymore. He grew up hanging out in his grandad's Harley Davidson store/shop. His grandad started selling bicycles in the back and at the age of 14 (maybe younger) my BIL was the bicycle mechanic. He later raced BMX then MTB and also some dirt bikes.

Anywho, he just sent me a link to an online book, here is what he said about it:

"A good friend of the family put this book together. My grandfather's shop played a role in promoting many Richmond area races back in this time. My dad and uncle grew up flagging races for many of these guys. The rat rod bike guys might appreciate a few of these pictures. I think my uncle said page 77 was the Richmond VA HD dealers. My grandad is 2nd from rt on page 70."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13375495/The-Racers-Book

It's a free online book and it's got lots of cool "vintage" photos. I even saw a few bicycles.

Thought you might enjoy some of the old pictures and history.

As I was reading through the names, I was shocked and amazed to find out that "Boomhower" was a real name. You Southern fellas sure know how to rock the names. I'm not making fun, I honestly thought it was just a cartoon name. :)

Latest posts

Back