Some tweaks to an old board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
so is this legal?... I have this board tracker I built in the mid 2000s that I am trying to sell on Fb Marketplace. It's gotten no bites. Obviously no one wants a bike styled like this anymore. I don't ride it anymore. So if I tear it down, fender it, change some components etc., is that enough to qualify for a build off bike? As usual, I really just want to use the BO to motivate me to finish it. Then I'll try flipping it again, or... end up keeping it cuz I like it again.

Edit: I decided to just tweak this. There is not enough to do to it (or enough motivation) to qualify it as a BO bike.

Attachments

• DSCN1299.JPG
    DSCN1299.JPG
    530 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN1300.JPG
    DSCN1300.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN1301.JPG
    DSCN1301.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1302.JPG
    DSCN1302.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Found some bars and a leftover leather seat from when I used to import them. Removed the tank plate (that now I remember was made from my old mailbox at the old house). Put a pair of reject ball end grips from the stash (cuz I'm gonna sell the bike). Have new tires on order cuz when I pumped up the Goodyear Speedways the front one blew out. I knew it was only a matter of time for those tires. I believe they are original to the bike.

So anyway... I think this is the right thing to do to get more interest on Fb Marketplace.

Attachments

• DSCN1305.JPG
    DSCN1305.JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1306.JPG
    DSCN1306.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 49
I just rested the rear fender in place to see if I want to put them back on. I think I do. I'll sand them, black pinstripe them next to the white, and clear coat them like the rest of the bike. This bike was painted with house paint probably in the 60s. I can't get myself to remove it.

if anyone has a super inexpensive chain guard (shipped to CT) that might fit this, let me know. Doesn't have to be Schwinn.

if anyone has a super inexpensive chain guard (shipped to CT) that might fit this, let me know. Doesn't have to be Schwinn.
I probably have a couple Newsboy guards. No charge. I can look tomorrow

doesn't need to be. Dents are ok. You think that'll fit the DX frame? Otherwise, I like it. A lot.

def worth a shot. I'll make you proud and make it fit haha.

PM me, I'll send you funds for at the very least shipping. Or... I'll swap you a set of grips if you'd like. hmm, hmmm?

Latest posts

Back