South Georgia reporting in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been lurking these forums for quite some time, always on the lookout for inspiration for the next project. as of right now, im working on repainting and tweaking an occ Stingray. Last year i built a long-tail cargo bike after seeing pics of Jenna Saykwa on xddorox's blog( which is where i found out about RRB, a million thanks!). And I've had a full suspension recumbent in the works for ages, I just need to finish the seat and running the chains.
So many ideas have been running through my head lately, all i lack is funds and a welder! I can't wait to really get my thoughts out of my head and onto wheels!

My long-tail before paint and rack
4892517632_ebc4a780cd_z.jpg

and after
5347415909_a57256c8ee_z.jpg

I really like this bike. It's been ridden all over my town, both by me and the jerk that stole it right after i built it. luckily he abandoned it, and it stands out enough that a few days later a coworker found it.

kingfish254 said:
Josh, where in SoGA? I live in Savannah.
Jesup. and i gotta say, it stands out in a little town. I'm looking forward to getting some more eye-grabbing goodness rolling soon. and thanks for the link. theres some really cool designs there!

Hey Josh, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
Cool that ya got yer bike back! My daughter's O.C.C. was ripped-off outta the back of my truck. We have given up hope on ever seein' it again, so we are building another chopper for her right now. Please post some pics of your chopper when ya get a chance, okay? Love to see what ya do with it! 8)

Thanks, Fireproof. due to a lack of funds and no welder, I'm mostly just repainting, reshaping the seat, and swapping out handlebars. But if I can get my hands on some scrap steel plate, i have an idea for bolt-on dropout extensions. I saw something similar on here a while back, but i cant find it again to give credit the to. it should all come out fairly nice.

Josh, your not far away at all. Take a look at my latest build (Fugsley) and you will see where I am adding an OCC StingRay rear end to a Dahon folder in similar fashion to your longtail. But I will also be adding and OCC Stingray rear to the front, so there will be nasty fat nasty tires all over.

I look forward to seeing your StingRay soon.

the stingray is currently in the middle of being painted. i've spent several hours trying to get all the sticker glue off of it. goo gone acetone, rubbing alcohol, and nail polish remover had little effect. and now that i got everything cleaned up and ready to paint, it started raining out here and the humidity skyrocketed!

I guess they are making sticker glue stronger in China than they used to. Glad you finally got it. Usually I start with Goo Gone, but quickly (and carefully) switch to acetone. If acetone didn't get it easily then DA-YUM!!!!

Most of these other guys don't understand the "WET" heat we have down here. Looking forward to seeing your build.

hey, just in case there's anyone in the Marietta area I don't know of, there's going to be a big southern rock concert there on Sept. 7. It's a childhood cancer benefit and my niece, Emma Grace, is the spokesbaby. She is 18 months old and has JMML leukemia. I'm trying to spread the word everywhere online I frequent. Thanks to any who can attend. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Josh has been on RRB since 2011.This is his old intro thread, but if you read his latest post, he is using it to let people know about benefit concert in Marietta where his niece (that has leukemia) will be the spokesbaby for.

Josh, I hope the benefit is a huge success!

Latest posts

Back