South Louisiana checking in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from the New Orleans area. Came across this site while looking at pictures of Electra bicycles. Just purchased a Townie 7D a couple of weeks ago and have about 75 miles on it so far. Been looking at some stretch cruisers and now I want one of those too. Looking for something to turn heads when I roll down the street. Right now, that's all I can afford to do...look.
I'm leaning towards three bikes at this time, the Electra Ghostrider, Rat Fink and I stumbled across the Phat Cycles Stretch. I know what some of you are thinking... just get all three. Seems like I always get involved in expensive hobbies. So far now I'll just keep looking and save my pennies.
Anyway, speaking of the Townie. Took it to the Mississippi coast for a ride along the beach. When I got home, I noticed that the brackets that hold the bike on the trunk carrier had slid. One end of the bike was up against the carrier and had rubbed the paint off the bike, right at the spot where the lettering is. Talk about being pissed off. Not sure what I am going to do about it now. Looks like about half an inch is down to the bare metal. Can't just touch it up, then the lettering will look stupid. I might just spray some clear over it to keep it from rusting while I consider options.
So thanks for having me and I've been having fun browsing through the boards here. I'm on vacation this week and I think I've seen about 75% of what's here. (OK, maybe that's an exaggeration.) Back to the boards.

Re: Your paint rubbing problem - my brother uses foam noodles - like foam pipe insulation, cut to length, to protect bikes on a rack. Too late for your missing paint, but worth doing next time.

Thought about that as soon as I saw the damage. Like you said, too late now, but I was planning to pick some insulation up today. Didn't think of the noodles though. Might stop at the dollar store to see if they have some. I suppose a nice bright pink noodle would look good on it. :)

Sand the whole frame down,clear coat or rust it out. Then you would have a
proper rat rod bike. Welcome
NERRB ...Stevil

Latest posts

Back