Space Cadet. a good score on a pair of 'liners

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally I scored a pretty good deal. I've been looking to do a Spaceliner build. Mad Max turned me on to this Craigslist deal, and I got it. Both bikes for $200. Of course there are some problems. Rat trap is a little tweaked on the boys bike. Of course they both need some TLC. But now I've got a project! Question is- Do I fry 'm both up, or cannibalize for one very good ride? I've promised a Good rider for my wife...
We'll see.
DSCF0725.JPG

You can see the bend in the rat trap

DSCF0723.JPG

The springer on this one is frozen up. A little liquid wrench started it moving.

DSCF0722.JPG

Still, not a bad pair at all.

JWM

:shock: Those bikes are perfect , i would not touch a single thing on them except bearing overall and cleaning

Great score and price!
They look great as they sit to me!!

Atta boy John!!

You gots 1 day to get em ridable. I expect to see em both on sat.

I say keep the ladies for your lady! I have a complete one at my house for my girlfriend.. they love all the chrome. What's nice about the ladies bikes, too, is that you can usually find tanks and other parts to put it all together on the cheap. Though, they do look sweet all stripped to the bare essentials 8)

Jpromo said:
I say keep the ladies for your lady! I have a complete one at my house for my girlfriend.. they love all the chrome. What's nice about the ladies bikes, too, is that you can usually find tanks and other parts to put it all together on the cheap. Though, they do look sweet all stripped to the bare essentials 8)

X2. Keep them whole. My wife loves her Spaceliner.

Thank you a zillion Max!

Some good advice here.
And here's the irony- When I built up my Dyno rider I went with a no chrome look- just red and black.
I told Mary I'd build hers as a complement- all turquoise and white with no chrome. Now her heart's set on a turquoise bike. I tried the "but it's nice and shiny!" bit
Still wants turquoise, and white... :roll:
Women. Gotta' love 'em, eh?
But yeah. I'll probably just leave these two alone. No way they're ready for Saturday, though.

Oh, yeah- anyone have a pic of what goes into, or on top of the battery boxes on the rear rack?

JWM

Latest posts

Back