Spring Gravity Shoot-Out. Photos and Video Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 2nd ever gravity race is this Saturday. Details here.

My Dad and I whipped this up. It's a stretched kids electric car that's been stripped and lengthened. Got the idea from a couple of guys at last years race. Still need to cut the brake handle down some.
jeep_gravity_racer.jpg

jeep_gravity_racer2.jpg

I'll also be racing the one I built last year.
pic042.jpg

Re: Spring Gravity Shoot-Out

all i gotta say on the first one is that will be a drift machine. the second well..... your a braver man than i :mrgreen: good luck!!

Here is a "in progress" pic of my entry...

The Rust Rocket
gravity1.jpg

gravity3.jpg

Its a Tadpole Trike with 700c front wheels and a 16" rear wheel that is steerable.

Ill post another pic after its completed.

i should get a race like that going here in Meriden. we have a newly paved course at Hubbard Park just for soapbox derbies.

fast eddie said:
man i am soooo bummed im gonna miss this, i wasnt able to work the schedule out w/ the boys mothers, and i have the perfect machine for it too!!!
fast eddie

Eddie I'm guessing there will be another in the fall.
This isn't the mountains of California (or even the hills of KC) but you make do with what ya got. We had a blast last year.

im not gonna bring a full blown "racer," i have a very cool "suicide brake bike" that is only gravity powered that i think you guys will get a kick out of, i think there's pics of it on this site somewhere, ill try to dig 'em up. i will try to get out there in the fall, make sure theres someplace i can set up my new tent !!
fast eddie

Randy when you schedule the fall gravity race make sure its not during fort collins!!!!

hey Eddie, ive been wanting to see your bikes run i only got to see your boards!! dont want to rush fall but "cant wait".

i should have a racer built by fall to bring to wichita and race....

Well, the Rust Rocket was a complete and total failure, with the steering on the rear wheel it was just too unstable and sent me into the guardrail. Got a lil road rash out of the deal, but no worries... Ill do some rebuilding and Ill be back

the-terminator.jpg

how about turn it around!!!!!!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way wheres the pics and vid ?

jon said:
how about turn it around!!!!!!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, that would be too easy, I got some ideas.

I know there will be a video posted. It will be Titled... "What NOT to do" lol

isnt that what a ratrod is.. easy and cheap?
cant wait for the tutorial!

Latest posts

Back