Springer forks - help me decide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided I want to get a chromed springer fork for the 26" Huffy cruiser I'm going to work on.

My question, straight or bent?

Any advice?

How does the bent fork ride?

Thanks,

Jerry

I like the straight fork better, i think the bent makes the frame push out when turning (if that makes since) I guess its just a matter of getting used to riding but i didnt like it.

I would say get a straight one if you want to do any amount of riding. I had a bent one on my bike and it rode great...as long as I was going straight :wink: You have to do more leaning than turning into corners with the bent one. You do get use to it but I would still go with the straight one. I found that the bent one was easier to ride with apes rather than cruiser bars. Heres mine.
Bikes004.jpg

Thank you both for your quick replies.

You have convinced me to "go straight" :D

I've been hot and cold on the bent fork and until your advice could not decide between them.

Hotrodbob, your bike is almost exactly like mine, thanks for posting the picture of how it would look, and the description of the ride.

I love the cool rear fender.

I'm definately going for the straight forks, and you guys saved me a few bucks too over getting the bent ones.

Thanks!

Jerry

thanks Markm, I did not realize this option was available. Great web site to learn new ideas, I appreciate it.

Rust, I'll keep that name in mind, I guess it would work better if I didn't dislike confrontational reality shows. To each their own, of course.

I have a pattern/colors in mind based on a '50's guitar style that I own. Looking for how to color match the guitar now from some source that I can actually afford.

Latest posts

Back