Springer ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awp1962

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had been wanting to build a springer fork because I just could not decide on available ones, yet now concede if I haven't done it yet I should just buy.
My issues; I could easily purchase a black (no full chrome fork on this thing) Schwinn type but not sure about the "knee action". The Monark forks are good looking. I would love it if they had the main fork curved. Could/would the Schwinn Ashtabula curved fork be used in place of the Monark main fork?
Oops, forgot, I do like the simplicity of the Rat Trap style, so that was almost an ebay purchase.

Very neat.
Oops more fun. The head tube and bearing race is 9". More reading for me.

Last edited:
Modern Monark style forks as well as modern Schwinn style forks are just too stiff and heavy. The Roadmaster forks are the best of all the ones i have tried, so if you can get your hands on a vintage one - go for it! ;)

Using the fork that came with your bike as a starting point saves some work and money. A rat trap copy might not be too hard to make. Post up your bike to get some ideas.

1670462736739.png

1670462758201.png

1670462862768.png

Latest posts

Back