Spyder or Rail?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was planning on entering my '69 Sears Spyder 24" 5-speed. Whitefiretiger is doing a Spyder mod, which is cool, but now I see that Ichoptop is entering in with his Class 1 24" Spyder. I'm thinking maybe that's not enough variety?

I just recently got a 20" Huffy "The Judge 5" (Rail) that I rescued from a barn in New York. I enter that instead. I'm going to restore both eventually, but only enter one.

So... opinions?

To help form your opinion, here are pictures of each.

Here's the Spyder
BwV5zu.jpg

And here's the Rail

XoC9be.jpg

As much as I love the spyder the rail is just awesome.

Plus then we would have a spyder and spyder mod
As well as a rail and rail mod

Do you have enough parts and time for the Rail? It looks like it will require more work than the Spyder...

Luke.
I have to get parts for them both. And both require a lot of chrome reconditioning. I would say the Rail will probably require a little more work, but we do have almost 4 months.

I like the Spyder. I'm just partial to that style frame. But, the Rail is very cool also.

chop them both in half and pick your favorite front and you favorite rear then weld them together.

Haha I was thinking that too...Spyrail?

My real vote is Rail though, I like the long frame better, and if other people are doing Sypders it will be something different.

Latest posts

Back