Squishy homebuilt recumbent RIP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted about this build some time ago and I just can't find that thread. So I'll start fresh. This build is alive once again with the toughest part being taken care of, the seat and seat bracket. I just used tubing from an old bike rack, drill, nuts and bolts. This is the worst seat job in my 9 recumbent builds, but it's also the most solid! Lot's of educated guesswork went into this. Now I have to work out change management issues and the rest is pretty much easy stuff. I will be going for a flat black paint job. Here are the pics from day one:

SusBent2.jpg

susbent4.jpg

susbent5.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

That's it for now.

Re: Squishy homebuilt recumbent

Looks like a dragster at step 3

all it needs is a wider rear slick tire and some flat bars+a seat
that would be awesome

there is actually a conversion kit you can get from cruzbike.com, its a little pricey though.

Well this little adventure ended up being a total flop. There is so much flex in the suspension, even after tightening it up like mad, that the whole thing bounces up and down like a clown bike when hammering down( sorry, I mean forward) on the pedals. Chalk that one up to a learning experience. It's been stripped and tossed on the cadaver heap. Time to bring back the Pocket Rocket to life! RIP Squishy Bent.

IMG_0040.jpg

For those who don't know, this is the Pocket Rocket. Most of the parts for the Squishy came from that bike.

Canon006.jpg

Well, it certainly "looked" cool! 8)

Latest posts

Back