UNLIMITED Stacey’s Mom aka the Tall-Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm… Let’s see where this goes.
IMG_1118.jpeg

The plan was to combine the 24” fork from the goose with these old seized Rock Shox in order to run a 26” wheel. I got the Rock Shox freed up so I’m going to save them for a future build. Now I’m going to use the all steel forks off this weird green bike that I pulled out of a dumpster. It’s a 1” head tube so that will work. Onward.
IMG_1121.jpeg
IMG_1122.jpeg
IMG_1123.jpeg
IMG_1124.jpeg

Excellent work on the fork.
The chopper mode looks sick, but that whopper mode is crazy!
MO CHOPPA
MO WHOPPA

You need to rig up some hydraulics on that bad boy to go back and forth from choppa to whoppa

Hip Hop Lowrider GIF

Think about a toggle link mechanism like a big pair of vise grips.

It has to lock “over-centered” in the up position and the down position, but not in between.

I don’t think you need hydraulics or anything like that. Just some body English and judicious work of the brake levers to make it go up and down.

Think about a toggle link mechanism like a big pair of vise grips.

It has to lock “over-centered” in the up position and the down position, but not in between.

I don’t think you need hydraulics or anything like that. Just some body English and judicious work of the brake levers to make it go up and down.
Thanks Ulu! I didn't realize it needed to be over-centered like that. I'll be guessing a little on which struts to get, just using the Instructables page for reference. I do want to come up with a latch to keep the bike in the down position for easier mounts and dismounts.

Back