Steal This Bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my Brooks B72 I would like to use a Kalin seat post. Problem is, this Brooks has four rails and the micro adjust type clamps are only designed for two rail saddles.
PB250023.JPG

PB250024.JPG

PB250028.JPG

There used to be a solution for this that could be purchased, but those haven't been around for quite a while. You can still find it listed on Amazon. I plan on making my own spacer to fill the gap between the upper and lower sections of the clamp.

I worked on my spacer for my Brooks saddle last night. I made up some two part epoxy.
PB300003.JPG

I shaped it a little and stuck it in a plastic bag. Working time on this stuff is only 3-4 minutes.
PB300004.JPG

Then I stuck it in between the rails and clamped everything together.
PB300005.JPG

In the morning this is what I ended up with.
PC010001.JPG

I hit it some with the belt sander. Still needs some fine tuning but it'll work.
PC010004.JPG

You could maybe cut a little off the bottom of the head tube on the frame and use that blade fork as well .
Looks like it was close .
I had debated doing exactly that. Except that if I ran the blade fork, I wanted to use a set of truss rods and I didn't think I could make up enough length for a bracket. Plus, I didn't want to screw up the head tube.

Worked on getting the spoke holes sized for the 12 gauge spokes.
PC020001.JPG

I had to be careful to keep all of the material from the outer edge of the spoke hole to the OD of the flange. I tried to file only on the inner side of the hole. I did the first by hand then chucked the file up in my cordless drill. Worked good til the battery died. Did about 10 by hand.
PC020003.JPG

PC020004.JPG

Been MIA for over a month. Still not overly excited about the RockShox fork. Going with it anyway. I did get my steerer cut to length.
PC120004.JPG

I found some Ritchey bars in 31.8 diameter that I was trying to figure out how to mount.
PB300009.JPG
I found this Origin8 stem to go directly from 22.2 steerer ID to 31.8 bars. Kept me from having to use a quill adapter and threadless stem.
P1220015.JPG

Bars mounted.
P1220022.JPG

P1220021.JPG

Worked on getting the spoke holes sized for the 12 gauge spokes.
View attachment 179971
I had to be careful to keep all of the material from the outer edge of the spoke hole to the OD of the flange. I tried to file only on the inner side of the hole. I did the first by hand then chucked the file up in my cordless drill. Worked good til the battery died. Did about 10 by hand.
View attachment 179973
View attachment 179974
I use a drill and appropriate drill bit. The I use a much larger drill bit held in my hand to create a little chamfer on all the holes I can reach with it. 12 guage spokes are the bomb.

Latest posts

Back