Stelber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Before importing bikes , the Stelber Co. of New York apparently had bikes made for them by US manufacturers . I've seen some built by Chain Bike Co. This one has some Colson-esque features .
000_0004-12.jpg
  • I bought this today off Craig Morrow at Bicycle Heaven , he hooked me up . Oddly enough , I started a window job less than 1 mile from B.H. and in the warehouse is the matching girls model bike in slightly better shape . I'm hoping to score that one too :p

Definitely differnt. Look at the size of the fork crown compared to the skinny fork.

Is yours a 24? That is what I really wanted. It is a scary fork. I took mine out. But my 20" Stelber had pressed bearings all around. Was a real pain to replace, especially the BB. I have one middle bar to your twin canti. Here is my before and after transformation:

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

Cool scores! Stelber was definitely friendly with CBC, they were both based around NYC. That looptail frame is more typical Stelber wackyness, though it has CBC parts too. I think they mixed & matched, or dressed up base model import bikes with CBC parts. What a tangled web they wove! :lol: One of mine:
SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0004.jpg

-Adam

Here's my recent 20" I found. Saving it for my grandkids whenever they are born.
7cfc0459df0f1fc5ff98daf3fa4f045c.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Latest posts

Back